PALEOMEAL...anybody tried it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnnetteP, Dec 7, 2002.

1. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

I am in the market for undenatured whey. I did my searching and came up with about 4 brands. When I called my dr.'s office, to see which one she recommends, the receptionist said she sells, "Paleomeal." I asked if this was undenatured and she said yes. I asked if it was lactose-free and she said yes to this also. However, when I did some online searching I found that its not really lactose-free, but that many who can't tolerate lactose are able to tolerate this; of course they did mention taking an an enzyme if you happen to be one of the few who can't tolerate it (how much you wanna bet I'm gonna be one of the few?).

Since the receptionist was a little "off" on the lactose-free part, I decided to email the company. I asked if it was undenatured (via email) and the reply was that yes it was. The problem I'm having with believing it is that there is very little information (online) about Paleomeal, and none of that scant info says its UNDENATURED.

So, I need to know (from someone familiar with the product) if it is undenatured (like I keep being told) and if they are lactose intolerant (and if so, did they react to it.)

Thanks,
    Annette
  2. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

I am in the market for undenatured whey. I did my searching and came up with about 4 brands. When I called my dr.'s office, to see which one she recommends, the receptionist said she sells, "Paleomeal." I asked if this was undenatured and she said yes. I asked if it was lactose-free and she said yes to this also. However, when I did some online searching I found that its not really lactose-free, but that many who can't tolerate lactose are able to tolerate this; of course they did mention taking an an enzyme if you happen to be one of the few who can't tolerate it (how much you wanna bet I'm gonna be one of the few?).

Since the receptionist was a little "off" on the lactose-free part, I decided to email the company. I asked if it was undenatured (via email) and the reply was that yes it was. The problem I'm having with believing it is that there is very little information (online) about Paleomeal, and none of that scant info says its UNDENATURED.

So, I need to know (from someone familiar with the product) if it is undenatured (like I keep being told) and if they are lactose intolerant (and if so, did they react to it.)

Thanks,
    Annette