Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rene, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, how are you? Glad Andreas dad is out of ICU. HOw is he now?

Hopefully Alan will get out of his funk.

I had a great b day. I bought a dress for $13 AT Ross as my mom went to sleep so I left the NH. I had a new york steak and the menu didn't have any prices on them.

Joans husband is really nice and me and Chloe are going out to Red RObin or Round Table this friday.

Well I finally did it. I talked to the director of nursing and she was really nice. She told me the next time I get hung up on by Tameaka to page her!! I sure hope things change I told her a lot but I have a lot more.

My mom was acting so crazy. Yelling and could be heard down the hall. I haven't heard that loud in 6 months. Not yelling anything in particular.

But you'll have a ball with the kids at easter.

I met a nice lady at the NH. She mentioned shes a Jahovas witness and gave me a pamplet. I am jealous of her as she has like 2 other people from her church a day come and see her husband.

I don't like her though trying to push her religion on me. I don't know what to say.

Well guess I better go.
    Take care,
  2. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am very glad that you had a great birthday, you sure deserve it. I have never heard of Ross. My favorite place to shop is JC Penney. It is Alexis' favorite place too.

We have Red Robin here and boy are they ever good. I won't go there right now as I joined weight watchers and they are very high in points. Have a good time.

I am glad that you where finally able to talk to the head of nursing. I think alot of time that the higher ups to not know what is going on unless they are there 24/7.

Did anyone know why your Mom was yelling? I know what you mean about someone pushing their religion off on you. The Jehovah Witness' use to come to the doors out here. I told one once "I'm have my own religion." The reply was "Ok but you need to learn about other beliefs." I should have said only if you listen to mine too. It made me mad so I said no thank you and closed the door. I do not have anything agaist any one elses religion but I do not want them pushing theirs on me and I won't push mine on them.

Well Andy called and him and his partner went back togather. He is thinking about going on the cruise ship too. If he can get a 5 month leave or the ship will pay him what he makes at Super 8.

Alan is still depressed. He called me this morning and wanted me to come take Alexis to preK. I told him no, now I feel bad because she missed her Easter party. He was up all last night. I told him a week ago that I would start keeping her the night before school and take her the next day.

Needless to say I am upset and working on a very bad headache. I guess it will turn out one way or the other. I understand why but that does not make either one of the boys right.

I am so sorry I went on and on. I hope things are going ok with you. Take care and let me know how things are.
    God bless; Pam
  3. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you? SOunds like you have your hands full again. Have you done weight watchers before? I never have tried it.

Well maybe ALan can get a job to at a Super Eight in Hawaii if they have one. That would be cool to work on a ship.

Ross is like a TJ max or Marshalls if you have those stores. I like Pennys too.

What are you doing for Easter?

Well I saw my mom and finally she has a call button she can reach. I have been trying since last summer. I told everyone even the state and they would do anything.

The house keeping supervisor went and did it! I will send her a card.

Went to the house after my mom to meet a realtor. I am not happy at all. The prices have gone down 100,000. Its going to come down to nothing as she has a lein.

I want to rent it out but I don't know.

I am super tired so I will go for now.
    Take care,
  4. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am glad that your Mom finally got her call button. I am sure that it will help her. How is she doing?

I don't think Andy would be able to get a job in a Super 8 in Hawaii if he does go it will be to work on the cruise ship. His Dad and I both hate for him to throw away what he has worked so hard for.

I went today for a mammogram and a bone scan. The mammogram was a breeze, the bone scan was ok, but I am so sore from having to lay in the same position flat on my back, and it was in a close room and I am clastophobic. She was nice tho she kept talking to me and told me if I got to uncomfortable to tell her.

I am fixing Easter dinner here. Bill and I will hide Easter eggs and we got the kids some goodies. I think Easter is my favorite hodiday. For what it stands for to me it means newness and rebirth and SPRING.

I know what you mean about the price of houses. Bill had ours appraised and it was $800,000 less than 5 years ago and we have but in $30,000 or remodeling on the outside. New porch, roof, siding, doors, and such. The guy also told us that in Franklin (another town) that 30% of the houses are in forclosure. It is really sad.

Well it is almost 10:00 so I am going to take some tylenol and go to bed. Take care and let me know how things are.

God bless; Pam
  5. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, how are you? Glad you got your mammogram and bone scan done. I need to do it too.

This one gal under 50 has breast cancer and she is bald and her parents told me she was in the NH as she just had a 99% blockage heart attack.

Poor thing asked me yesterday if she was on a cruise ship. SHe goes I lost my memory and I'm scared. I told her I had lost my momory really bad and got it back and she goes "really thats good".

Wow you have a super nice house. The realtor said only 150 for my moms. Makes me sick as with the leins and commission it will be about 70 clear. The house has been worth upper 200 the past two yrs.

I like Easter too. I'm sure the kids will have a blast.

My mom is the same. She just keeps calling out. I went twice today like normal. I brought her yams and she liked them.

Well gonna go feed Snuggles.

Take care,
  6. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Excuse my fibro fog or typo in my last reply. I got carried away with the zeros. Our house appraised for $8,000 less than it did five years ago, this is after we put $30,000 of remodeling into it. It is a shame that the value of peoples houses are going down that is something you use to be able to know is there.

Is Robert finally leaving you alone? I sure hope so. I feel bad for that poor lady at the NH, I am sure that she is so confused.

I need to get busy on putting little goodies in plastic eggs and little baskets ready for the grandbabies tomorrow. It sounds like the Easter Bunny will have to hide them inside.

I hope you and your Mom have a nice Easter. Let me know how things are going.

God bless; Pam
  7. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam, happy easter. That would be so much fun to make a basket for the kids. I bet the kids will have fun today.

Oh I really did think it was 800000. I am thinking no wonder the kids come after you for money you are loaded!

My mom is still the same. Tonight I hugged her and she said my hair feels nice over and over. So that was nice.

I asked her if she thinks the drugs make her act the way she does and repeats no no over and over again. I could her all the way to the nursing station which is pretty far. I couldn't understand what she was yelling.

I Wish I could have my mom back. I miss her.

Well sure your gonna have a nice feast tomorrow. Hope you enjoy and don't stick to your diet for one day.

Well better get to bed.

Take care,

8. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

We did have fun Easter. I stuffed 46 plastic eggs for the grandbabies and hid them in the front yard. They both had a blast. Easter Bunny left them a bucket with some goodies in them and than Papa and I got them each a little surprise. Dinner was nice also, Andy and his partner where here too. I was tired Sunday night but it was a good tired.

I am glad your Mom liked your hair. You can tell how much she loves you. Did you get spend Easter with her.

Alexis has her Drs. appointment today to get her pre kindergarten check-up and shot. She said last night she did not want to go to the Dr. I told her if she didn't go she would not be able to go to school. She decided to go. Last night Alan and her where here to watch wrestling and she was breaking down words by sylables, it blew her daddy and I away.

I hope you are doing ok I am going to get busy and try and get the house cleaned up.

God bless; Pam
  9. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam glad you had a nice Easter. Did you get some leftovers. Bet the kids had a ball. Did Andys partner come back from Hi? How is ALan? Did you get the results of your bone scan and mamogram?

My mom today was extremely acting out. I had to leave I couldn't do anything but get her an ativan which didn't work.

Tomorrow I go to meet another realtor. She emailed me stuff and she thinks the house is worth way more then the other realtor said I agree.

How is your weather? We were 77 yesterday.

I talked to Tims mom on the phone last night for a long time. She is my moms age and Tim is my age.

She took care of her husband for 18 yrs and Tims been in the NH 7 yrs and Tims brother died a few yrs. She is so nice and I can't believe how happy she is.

Well better get some laundry done.

10. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

No Andy's partner (Mat) has not went to Hawaii yet. He is suppose to go somewhere next week for some training and than after that he will go on.

Alan is ok I guess. He is in a little better mood part of the time. He still doesn't have a job. They are very hard to come by and he really needs to look harder and take what he can get now.

My mammogram was normal I do not know the results of my bone scan yet, she told me it would be around a week before they got it to my Dr.

Remember that friend of mine whos husband had cancer of the jaw. They found more cancer on his face and it was into the second layer. He has to go for a scan on Friday to see how far it has gotten. I feel so bad for them. There is a good chance that it has not spread.

Boy your friend sure has more than her share of tragedy and heart break. She sounds like such a strong person. I admire people like that. Things get to me and I really stress and worry.

I am sorry that your mom was acting out, do they know what is causing it?

I need to get off of here. Alan, Andrea and Draven came over here while Alexis was in prek and Draven threw cereal all over my living room and I need to get it cleaned up. I went and picked Alexis up from school and we met them for lunch. They let Draven get away with way to much. The latest thing is if they can get Alexis to straighten up than Draven will too. It makes me mad.

Let me know how things are going. Take care of yourself.

God bless;
  11. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi Pam how are you? I can see that its hard for Alan to get a job where you live as there aren't to many jobs. I think we are about in a recession.

Is Andrea blaming Alexis for Dravens behavior? That isn't right at all. Hes only 1 1/2. I can tell she is a good sister.

What are you up to this weekend?

Well my mom is the same. I need to get her claimed competent as she has a lein that is due if she isn't in the home (long story).

I called the dr last week and he was in tonight and I just missed him. He never said he would see her. I asked my mom if the dr asked her some questions and she said no. He just asked her about her elbow. I bet anything he won't help.

I need to get her home put in my name I can't keep paying $200 a month for ins. It needs to be rented or something but it can't rent if shes on SSI.

Did I tell you about the gal in her 40s in the NH with cancer in Oct and then had bad heart attack 99% blockage?

Her parents go everyday to the NH with a young gal who I thought was a friend but I found out its their daughter and she has cancer too! Both her daughters are bald So they have two daughters with cancer.

They are the nicest people. I told them about Tims family with the Huntingtons. Just didn't want them to feel like they were the only ones who got struck with two sick kids.

Well sorry for going on.

Do you know how I can get my mom determined competent to do a change on the house?

Well take care,

12. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi how are you doing? Bill and I are spending a quiet weekend. At least until tonight, Alan and family are coming over to watch wrestlemania, and Alexis will stay the night (if she has been a good girl). She is on Spring break from Pre-K so she does not have that in the morning.

You are right jobs are hard to come by here now that is why his Dad and I keep telling him he can not be too choosey. I know how he feels and where he is coming from. He but in an app at Walmart (they are opening one in his town) and they start out at only $7.20 an hour.

I feel bad for those people with the two daughters who have cancer. It has to be so hard. I had a friend tell me once that her father-in-law had to bury his son and he said no parent should ever have to bury their child. That is so true. The bad part of it was this friends parents had to bury her. Hopefully there is something that can be done for these daughters.

I can't remember is I told you but the friend who's husband had jaw cancer, they found more cancer, it is skin cancer but it is into the second layer of skin, they where doing a scan on him Friday to see how bad it was.

When Bill had to have his Mom proved incomptent we had to have her checkedc out by a Dr. and than go to court and the judge determined from that. I don't know if the Dr. would say that your Mom was comptent or the nurses at the NH. Has she been proven incomptent and it needs to be reversed or do you just need proof that she is comptent? Do you have POA on every thing or just medical? Could you ask the social worker at the NH?

I feel for you having to go thru this. I wish I had gotten POA for everything on Daddy. At least a POA on medical I would have kept him in the hospital. I had medical that was only if he could not make his own decisions.

One thing you may watch out for. His Dr. had a couple of people with senior wellnes come in and talk to him (they where suppose to help me and the Dr.) they said that he wanted to go home, and he was depressed about his cancer and the lose of his wife. That he could go home, they said he was depressed but that he did not need to be on paxil because that was probably what made him unsteady on his feet. If they have any one like that talk to your Mom try to be there. I walked in late and my brother told them how he did all of the house hold stuff etc.

Good luck and remember to take care of yourself.

God bless; Pam
  13. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

bump for rene
  14. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi I'll write later my mom was in emergency till 10 pm due to heart pain and she has suspected pneomonia and is bACK AT THe NH on antibiotics. I am soooooooooo tiredrene
  15. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Sorry to hear about your Mom. How is she doing? What was causing the heart pain?

I hope you can get some rest, "talk" to you later.

God bless; Pam
  16. Rene

Rene New Member

HI Pam how are you? Well my mom is so so. She wanted yams and I was to tired to do it. I made it to her twice today.

She is worrying me as she coughs (aspirates) a lot when she eats. She is being treated for pneomina. She just coughs and coughs a lot. Nothing comes out. I wonder if I could have her on an IV for a week and only have her fed food.

She pulled her IV out twice in the emergency and bleed everywhere and got fluid all over. Next time I will have her wrist tied to the bed. She didn't get much fluid.

Well hope your friends test friday comes out ok. Skin cancer is pretty bad to have.

How is Alan doing? You will have to put up new pictures on the computer.

Well take care,

17. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am really sorry to hear that you Mom is sick. It is so hard. Would they put an IV in her for a week, if they would he might help.

I put up a new picture. It is of Draven's first birthday party. In front is Alexis, Draven, Alan, and Andrea, in the back sitting on the floor is my oldest son Andy. I need to get some more recent pictures developed. I have a real cute one on my phone.

My friends husbans test was last Friday. She called me yesterday and everything is ok. They are very releived. It has been very hard on them.

Yesterday was my brother's birthday (4/2). It is 12:05am my time. I sent him a card because I always do. I have not heard a thing from him. In the past he always called and thanked me, I have heard nothing. I have this strange feeling that he got kicked out of the apartment. He was trying to get his innuity in one lump sum, I don't know if he did or not. I usually have my check by now and have to hold it until the 8th. He better not have messed that up. Daddy wanted us to have that each month.

sorry I went on I need to go to bed. Keep me informed about your Mom. Please get some rest.

God bless; Pam
  18. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Hi Rene I hope things are ok.
  19. Rene

Rene New Member

Hi we just missed each other. Thanks for putting up the picture. You have a nice looking family. I see a lot of ALexis in Alan. Is that at your place?

Well how are you? I'm tired. My mom was really gurgiling today. I had to threaten her to get suctioned that I wouldn't come if she didn't.

Glad your friends husband test came out good. I kinda think Bud did get evicted. I thought it was only a matter of time. I guess you can't drive by his place? Maybe check the jail? That was nice anyway for you to send a b day card.

I am having a big mess with my moms house. If I do conservatorship they want to talk to my brothers! I don't know what to do.

then the house can't transfer to me as there is a lein and she can't sell as she is on medi caid and the stupid dr won't declair her competent or incompetent-he won't get back to me for 2 weeks!

sorry for going on I'm so tired.

Take care,
  20. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I am so sorry that things are such a mess for you. Did your Mom do better after they suctioned her? It is hard when we have to treat our parents like children. It seems like we all get at the place in life at sometime.

Can you talk to someone at the NH about deciding if your Mom is comptent or not. I know with Bill's mom they had a shrink talk to her the medical Dr. did not make that decision. I know that is a very hard thing to deal with also.

You can't get the house in your name and can't sell it but they sure exspect you to pay the $220 a month. What will they have to talk to your brother's about? Would it do any good if you can show proof that you are the one caring for your Mom for all of this time? Do you have receipts for the money you have had to pay each month?

I did look on line and my brother is not in jail or wasn't last night. If he got evicted I wonder what happened to all of the furniture and such. It is for sure that nothing of value was left.

I called and checked on my annuity check, it usually comes the first of the month and I can't cash it until the 8th. After him wanting to cash his in I wanted to make sure that he hadn't pulled anything and managed to screw up mine or even forge my name. The guy I talked to was really snotty, he said it was due the 8th and I couldn't cash it until the 8th anyway. So I guess it is ok. If I had found out that Bud had did any thing with it I was going to go after him with the police or court or whatever I had to do.

I wish there was something I could do for you or to help you. It has to be so hard to have to take care of everything on your own.

Take care and I am here if you need to talk.

God bless; Pam