pamelor (nortriptyline) less sedating than elavil??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by claireandgiles, Jul 14, 2003.

1. claireandgiles

claireandgiles New Member

im on elavil for chronic stomach pains and it makes me tried all day. I dont feel so tired that i have to nap allday but it is annoying me a bit.
    A few have said nortriptyline is less sedating, does that mean that i wont feel so tried allday on it?

I know you are not doctors but it will give me some insight on what to ask my doctor if i know about the difference betwwen the meds.
    thanks kindly
    claire x
  2. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

I found Pamelor to be less sedating than Elavil - but, it kept me up alot during the night.

Also, it made my heart race like crazy!

I am very sensitive to meds, but just thought I would let you know what it did to me

Prior to being diagnosed with FMS, I had taken Pamelor with no trouble. It seems the FMS has made me sensitive to meds.
  3. claireandgiles

i will definitley ask my doc about it. I hate elavil!!
    Does pamelor have the same pain relieving qualities as elavil supposably has?
  4. claireandgiles

thanks for replying. I dont have an acidic stomach, but i do have sensative stomach nerves thats why i need the drugs like pamelor.
    I will give it a go i think as elavil makes me tried.
    thanksfor your reply
  5. claireandgiles

i feel tired on only 10mg! and my doc says i may need at least 40mg in the end for my pain relief. That will knock me out wont it?? if 10mg is.
    Is pamelor the same as elavil