Pammy, are you here?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debgene56, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

Hi there, how are you doing? I pray that things are going better for you at work. On some post I saw something about you making mayo and stuff. My question, how long do you keep it? Also, did you mention something about millet bread? I found some at the health food store but it had some form of sweetner in it. Also, what do you use to take the place of potatoes and starches? Hope all is going well for you. Miss talking to you, Love, Deb

P.s. I am going to big healthfood store tomorrow, any suggestions as to what to get? Thanks for your help and kind words. Still not doing any better, but I momentarially feel better when I talk to you.
  2. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

3. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

4. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

5. pamela

pamela New Member

How are you sweetie??? I miss talking to you to. Well its been a rough week for me but im still hanging. Work is a drag but oh well its a job...anyway about the mayo??? Wow talk about brain fog...I only use mayo in tuna like for tuna sandwiches and also in one recipe I make alot. I love the Hellmans mayo..it only has 2 grams of fat. But see everybody says that mayo has the yeast thing going on. Thats a drag for me bcz its one of the very few things I can eat with out the painful reactions I get. Let me tell you girlfriend its like nothing I have ever experienced before....when those food or sugar reactions get me. Also I can only eat Spelt bread. It comes from the Egyptians. A little history on Spelt bread...100 years ago when the archiologists (sp) were doing their work over in Egypt they were scaving the tombs over there and they ran across these spelt seeds in the tombs. Somehow they figured out that the egyptians used these seed for ALl thier bread making. So they brought them back to the USA and started using the seeds for making that certain type of bread here and I guess growing the spelt wheat too. So thats the story on Spelt bread. I bet if we used the search engine and looked up spelt bread there would be some info. on it. It's about $4.39 for a loaf here but its worth it. As for the potatoes and starches I do none at all. Nothing takes place of them bcz I have such violent reactions to that stuff. I just eat veggies (NO PEAS AND CARROTS OR NO SWEET FRUITS AND VEGGIES) salad and chicken, some ground beef, tuna and peanut butter. I can eat some mexican food (corn tortillas only) and cheese and hot sauce with corn chips. NO FLOUR Tortillas!! Wow thats murder in a basket!! HA!! HA!!! Anyway, it took a few months for me to figure it out and when I did it took nothing to adjust. The benefits outweight the pain. When I eat the things I have mentioned that hurts me its like someone poured acid on top of my head and it goes all down into my neck area and shoulders and then drenches down into my organs and down to my toes. Then the constant shooting pains start and organ aches start. It doesn't go away for 4-5 days. And thats from eating one tortilla or peas and carrots!! I have to check for lactose (the sugar filler) in all foods and meds and also dextrose. If you look on the labels of things like Hamburger Helper and alot of boxed caked mixes and icing and food you would die at all the chemicals and DEXTROSE in them. I know all that was causeing me major grief.

As far as the health food store outing I would try to get the Spelt bread. If they do not have it call around for it at other stores in your local area. Other than the peanut butter I buy at the health food store thats all I get due to the carbs, starches and sugar thats in so very much of stuff. I know this diet sounds really boring but it works for me. Occassionally I will eat Blue Bell Vanilla ice cream. Also top it with no fat non-dairy whip cream. That helps the sugar cravings when you start that. I wish I had more to tell you. Your so sweet... no I wish I could go with you to the store and just show you how I shop. I also eat 2 eggs, bacon and the spelt bread in the morning for breakfast. I make an egg, bacon and cheese sandwich. Thats every morning. I also eat Cream of Wheat at night. Only that brand. Malt-O-Meal has something in it--- I think its called Farafella or something along that line and WOW!!!!--its like a reaction where in the cartoons the coyote jumps off the cliff and lands on his head in the ground and all you see is the hole and dust. ARRR!! ARRR!!! ARRRR!!! That may sound far fetched but thats how I feel the next day. See my reactions are a day late usually. Okay what else...im sitting here at work and its early so I am really enjoying writing to you. Okay what else...brussel sprouts steamed and spinich steamed both with butter. This is great and you can eat all you want!!! Asparagus!!! Yeah with butter. Also baked fish with lemon and butter is a smash hit!!! Salmon too. No Pickles....yeast loves this. Last time I ate just 2 little dill pickles and well you know what happened. Nothing fermented. No wine or beer or alcohol period. Yeast loves that too. They say we should go buy the book called "The Yeast COnnection" I might do that this weekend. If I do I will write you on what I found in the book. If its really what I think as far as educational for us I will beg you to go get it. HA!!! Hey Deb...where do you live? Like what state are you from? Just curious. I live in Texas...Hill Country. 25 miles outside of Austin in a little bitty teeny weinie town. Okay... well, as my work day drifts on I always think of stuff so if I can think of more I'll just keep replying to this same post. Gotta go...Lots of Love and Hugs...write back!!! P.S. Im real sorry that you still have been feeling bad still. Any word lately from the P.A.? I remember your last post to Madwolf and the others which I thought was so informative. Sounds like you got a good doctor. What do you have for pain? Let me know the latest on yourself...Pammy
  6. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

Confused is what I am!!!! You mention bacon, cheese, spelt bread. From what I understand I would think bacon would be a big no no! But Dr. Crookes book dose include it in the menu section. Maybe the nitrates kill the bad stuff in it. Cheese is supposed to be a nono to, because of the milk. Do you use another type of cheese? Went to two health stores, all the spelt bread had yeast in it and I think evaporated cane juice. So you can see why I am confused. I got both the books, just got the cookbook today. From what I have read so far, it sounds like people could be sensitive to complex carbs to, so it said to use with caution. He also seems to think thier are a lot of food allergies out there. And that you should slowly add some things back in like fruit but watch for reactions. Like eat a bite of banana, 10 minutes later eat another bite, eat the whole thing in a hour if it agrees with you. And try another fruit the next day. When you add a new food back he reccomends the 4 day rotation thing, which is a real pain in the butt. In your case I would eat only a bite and weight a day. He includes potatoes and peas in the be cautious section, but included them in the recipies.
    I am very familar with spelt, did the whole caveman thing 9 years ago. My son had severe food allergies. I sweetened with marlybalt or concentrated fruit juice. I made everything from scratch and lived at the healthfood store.
    For the amount of mayo that I would use I can't see making from scratch, I don't think it would keep long enough. Someone wrote a recipie on the candida site for it.

By the way I live in Massachusetts in a little boring hick snooty town near Old Sturbridge Village, have you heard of that out in Texas. Wouldn't mind some of the heat for a change, it was 8 degrees this morning. And the cold goes right thru me like I am naked.

Haven't exactly started my diet yet, but am making little changes so it won't be such a shock to me. I get that burny constricted throat and extreme intense itchy,burny,tickly painful pressure thru out my abdominal sysmtem and in my back. I noticed something this morning. I started out with out those symptons, I had my last med. size cream and sugar iced coffee, 30 minutes after I started it, it all began!! Last night I made a rice dish with Basitti brown rice, garlic,onions,peppers salt & pepper and some thyme. I got it good after that. Now I have to figure out what did it. I normally eat all those things but the rice.

Peanutbutter is the one nut Dr. Crooke said to stay away from because of the mold.

Write back soon, hope thier being nice to you at work. I read your site about myalgia. Funny, for years after driving I would stiffen up like a little old lady. When I sit at the computer I am getting the same thing really bad. What are you going to do about the chair?

Love, Deb
  7. pamela

pamela New Member

Hey girl..you know your probably right on the cheese and bacon and peanut butter. I actually buy the stuff thats all peanut butter, no oils and salt. The bacon and cheese well I use Oscar Myer Lower Sodium bacon and the cheese well..I guess Im a bad girl I just use the American by Mid America Farms or Extra Sharp cheddar. I know...but those 3 items are the only no no's..but I have such limited diet. If I could not have my breakfast I would starve!! I don't feel any reactions to this yet...but I gotta eat something.
    The Spelt bread here I do think has yeast in it I can't remember...i'll check and let you know. Its just that breakfast is the most important part of my being. Without it im toast. Can't eat the Cream of Wheat in the morning..I think it has to do with the cereal and how it reacts to me on an empty stomach. I get a bad stomach ache. Anyway, I bet your reactions are to the rice and sugar. About that dinner you mentioned you ate. Completely eliminate all that at once and just eat some rice and see if that hurts you. Your reaction sounds alot like mine. Mine is on the right side where I had the wreck. That side is the side that always reacts to stuff first and the worst. I would eat one thing at a time and watch your reactions. It really sounds like your vittles. HA!! HA!!! I have never heard of your little town. It sounds interesting, I always wanted to see Mass. My dad is from Jersey..West Orange, NJ. I miss going up there, dad passed away 6 yrs. ago. Well the chair is a delimma. I think Im going to buy a heating pad and bring it up here. I know the state will throw a wollide fit if I even suggest it or bring a doc note. They tend to send people home on medical leave with no pay or just make it hard on you. Can't wait to run from this office. Hopefully either June 1st or August 31st I will get out of here. Till then...Mucho torture!!! Love Pamela
  8. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

I did some reading today. Dr. Crookes book says to stay away from white flour and white sugar and packaged food.....But then it says after 10 days to start experiementing with the other stuff. He said to get a chewable yeast tablet from the health food store and eat it and check for a reaction. If fine he said you can eat cheese and bread with yeast and other moldy things as long as you stay away from the white sugar and flour. I get the idea they say to stay away from everything so you can add it back one at a time and watch for reactions. Because our immune systems are out of wack he suspects food sensitivities or allergies. I would stay with your eggs and stuff, obviously it is not bothering you. When I have eaten oatmeal on a empty stomache it sits there like a rock and it blows up and gurgles and groans till I feel like I am going to die. Don't eat it very often, but that has happened a few times. I don't know if it is the oatmeal or what, of course it was loaded with sweeteners and stuff. What kind of things do you eat for lunch? It also says to stay away from corn flours, I think that is because corn is a major offender. I bought some corn and wholewheat tortillas today with out any junk. I got a heated mattress pad over the weekend. I am not as achey with it. Can you get a chair wedge with heat and massage in it? If you can afford it, I don't think they cost that much. They shouldn't object to you being more comfortable on the job. Do you have to sit all day? That would kill me!!! I have a garlic herb crusted pork loin cooking, all I can smell is garlic, phew, but so good when it is done. I've decided to eat as much garlic as I can. Have to watch my stomache tonight. Your right about the rice, I will have to try it dull and boring. If you have questions about the books let me know, I'll read for you. Gotta go, have a wonderful night. Love, Deb
  9. pamela

pamela New Member

Just read your reply. Im so glad we can talk back and forth. It really helps me too. Well as far as lunch I usually eat tuna sandwich and some veggies like green beans or a chicken waverly casserole I make (its so yummy!!!) or spelt spaghetti with tomatoe sauce and parmesean cheese. My diet is so limited im afraid to eat anything. Ive got to find a special doctor for my reactions. Its so wierd how it all started and I use to be able to eat anything!!! I only drink water and maybe in the morning I will have a sip or two of my hunnys coke. I use to be really addicted to coca-cola but now I have not really craved it at all. In fact when I drink it I don't really like it like I use to. I think Im mad at it because its so bad for you. Oh well, Im also finding that I, changing alot since im getting older and more sensible. HA!!! I just went to my pain mgt. doctor and thank goodness for them. They are so nice!!! They gave me my usual lorcet today but since she did not write brand name on it I had to pay $140.00 for it. I was shocked!!! Anyway I could not wait for insurance and the doctor to work it out---I had to get to work. Oh well, just put it on the card. Im going to pay them all off next month so it does not matter. Lets see for dinner I usually have cream of wheat of nothing. I know thats bad but sometimes I get home and Im not hungry or to tired to eat. So I just don't eat. Just go to bed. Well gotta go...write back I guess post a new one on the board..i'll do the same.. love always pammy