Pamper yourself

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Jun 15, 2008.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

After being "in remission" for about a year, I am flaring again. It was hard to accept at first but I am beginning to see purpose, perhaps, in my remission. I thought God had healed me, and I know the good health that I enjoyed was from the Lord because it happened in a healing service at my church and it happened right away. I went from pain pills all day, pills at night to sleep, etc to no meds overnight, so I know it was real.

What I mean when I say that I thought God had healed me is that I thought God had healed me PERMANENTLY. But even though I am sick again, many things are different and I feel like I am coping much better this time around already. Also, my husband's attitude and actions are much different and accepting and understanding about how I feel and the way things are, like being tired for example. All of a sudden he understands that laying down and resting won't necessarily "cure" tired, that tired is an entity of it's own.

Here is one thing that I wanted to bring to y'all and that is to pamper yourselves; it really helps. Figure out what makes you feel better, find comfort things, like soft pajamas or your heating pad, a pet or a stuffed animal even and then do them for yourself. I love a nice warm shower. When I feel bad, it makes me feel better. I don't like clutter; it makes me mentally restless, so many days when I am home, even if I am laying on my bed watching tv, I make the bed and sit on top of the covers, because it looks neater and makes me feel calmer.

Sometimes doing something nice for yourself is the best medicine. So be good to yourself today. You deserve it.

God Bless You,
  2. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

Know exactly how you feel re the clutter etc, I now am learning to give myself permission to not do the tidying, dishes etc

Do nice things for your self everyday, like taking a nap, having a special cup of tea/coffee, eating a choccy and so on but also not doing the beds, washing, shoppong etc

I think we have had many days of extreme doing for others and now its time to do for ourselves...... with a little help from God

Oh man cant express what I want to say to you so guess I will have to be nice to me and allow my incoherence

angel hugs and miles of smiles

3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I understand what you are saying. You know, if one of our children was sick we would do these things for them, so why not for us when we don't feel well?

It won't make the fatigue or pain go away, but it is like a fire on a cold night or hot chocolate after playing in the snow, it just makes you feel cozy. And cozy is good.