panic attacks,and too much sugar

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tammis, Oct 23, 2006.

1. tammis

tammis New Member

I wake up with panic attacks sometimes,Can be in a deep sleep,then wake up,my heart is a racing,Hate it,also sometimes when I think I have too much sugar,I get shakey dizzy in head feeling also,Like i should just stay away from it,any of you>???
  2. llama

llama New Member

Hi Tammis,

Don't really know what to think about the panic attacks, although you might want to read up on "night terrors" and see if any of your symptoms fit.

As far as being symptomatic after too much sugar, be sure and let your physician know. Do you have a family history of diabetes?

Before I was diagnosed and started treatment, I would get dizzy, face hot and flushed and drowsy when my blood sugar was too high. Now, when it's too low I get dizzy, shakey and very weak and irritable.

Good Luck to you.....let me know what you find out.
    .............Jill..................
  3. lease79

lease79 New Member

Too much sugar can deffinately trigger an anxiety attack.
    Coffee & other stimulants are exactly the same. I don't tolerate much at all these days.
  4. tammis

tammis New Member

Thanks for your response,Yes Ive had my blood sugar teated just recently,Dr.Did mention Hypoglycemic,I know that can be fibro related ,I will have to check into this diet,I rarely have caffiene,But do like my sugar,So yes I will try and stay away from that abit more,I could stand to lose 15 lbs,anyway,Thanks all!
  5. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

mee too. sometimes if i eat too much of something sugary or chocolatey tooo close to bed time, than i can't fall asleep due to heart racing and pounding. i am not emotionally upset or anxious about anything, but it seem all the sugar or caffeine just revs up my heart, to a point that is almost scary!