PANOTHENIC ACID

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockgor, Sep 26, 2005.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience with Panothenic Acid? I'm told it's also called Vitamin B5. Saw it recommended for energy. Always looking for some kind of magic bullet.

Thanks.
  2. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

in case someone else can help you.

Best wishes,
    Janelle
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

a magic bullet but I've started taking it for my painful feet.

I've been taking it a couple of weeks and it hasnt made much difference but I'll give it awhile yet.

It certainly hasnt given me any more energy. I think CoQ10 is good for that.

love
    Rosie
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Pantothenic acid is crucial for adrenal health. If your adrenal glands are weak or wiped out, you will be quite tired and most likely will be deficient in pantothenic acid.

So, pantothenic acid can help with energy if you are deficient in it. It's part of the B vitamin complex so you must take a good B complex along with the extra pantothenic acid. I think you can take 500 to 1000 mg. a day of pantothenic acid, but start with the lower amount.

You may also want to look into adrenal glandular products. These helped me a great deal with adrenal fatigue. Unlike Cortef, a prescription adrenal hormone which further depletes the adrenal glands, the adrenal glandular products support the adrenals.

You can buy them at the health food store or get them from chiropractors, etc. Drenatrophin PMG by Standard Process is a very good product. Two other ones are Cytozme AD by Biotics and Adrenogen. I've gotten them all from chiropractors.

What helped me the most was a very good chiropractor who does muscle testeing - he diagnosed my weak adrenals, he was able to get the right dose of Drenatrophin using the muscle testing. He also helped me tremendously with digestive problems and other things.

Mary
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I agree, there is no magic bullet though. It helps me a great deal, and has helped many othrs, but as w/ any supplement, it won't help everyone. Depends largely on if you are running a deficiency of it, which most of us w/ the dd are.

There has been a few lengthy threads on it that would be great to bump up. I'm rather overwhelmed w/ my move and outgassing house for awhile, but it would be great if someone could find the thread and bump it for you.

Jeanne