Pantothenic acid for adrenal fatigue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Jun 21, 2012.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I have long known that pantothenic acid (one of the B vitamins) was crucial for adrenal health, but didn't realize quite how crucial until the past week and a half. I have had major problems and stress resulting from sewage backup into my my mobile home, and dealing with two insurance companies, both of whom have denied my claim (which I am fighting - yeah it's a mess, literally and figuratively, and I hate hate hate insurance companies)

About a week ago I started feeling really tired and realized it was from all the stress weakening my adrenals, so I doubled the amount of pantothenic acid I was taking to 1,000 mg. a day, plus started taking 9 tablets of Drenamin (adrenal glandular product by Standard Process) and I am feeling unusually well. I am beginning to think I have had a pantothenic acid deficiency for quite awhile.

I still have major stress, but physically am not too bad, better than I expected.

If you google "pantothenic acid adrenals" you'll find a ton of information on this.

I also take a good B complex and lots of other stuff, but I think the pantothenic acid is what is keeping me going.

2. crickett

crickett New Member

Mary I can sure feel for you. My stress level along with the new hormones have me on a tail spin cannot see if I am coming or going since I cannot take seriphos I am taking relora I hope it's working because of the weight I have lost I also take my pantathenic acid and l theaine to help and valium when i just can't stand it anymore
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I hope the relora is working too - I believe it's supposed to help lower cortisol, like Seriphos. The pantothenic acid is crucial and I'm glad to hear you're taking it too, plus the l-theanine.

One other thing I do is meditate just about every day. The only times I don't is if I'm sick and just can't. I have found this to be very helpful in just dealing with life in general. A good easy to read book which got me started is The Relaxation Response by Herbert Benson - it's an old one, but good - I meditate this morning before dealing with all this c**p and it really does help.

Oh, and I may have solved my insurance company woes, but won't know for sure for a couple of days. The mobile home park's ins. co. wouldn't pay unless the park was negligent, and in talking to the plumber who repaired the sewer line it appears that the park did have prior knowledge that my line might back up, and didn't fix it (only they didn't tell me about this). It has been so crazy, a roller coaster and I hope it will be over in a few days.

Take care, Crickett - I hope you find a balance soon!