*****PANTOTHENIC ACID, VIT. B5 - Who used, how'd it help???*****

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanne-in-Canada, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

There was alot of info swirling about B5 for awhile and a number of people said they were going to use it. I've seen some reports of people who said it helped w/ certain symptoms, like burning feet. Supposedly pantothenic acid is in most foods and also in multis, in negligible amounts for our needs though, so we don't need more. It's been mine, and other's experience that therapeutic doses of 500 mgs, 1-4/day can give amazing results.

So this is a poll to see who all has been helped by it, and what symptoms did it help? And for questions for the curious of course.

Jeanne
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Thanks to your kind self.

I was having extremely painful feet, I could hardly walk and you advised me to try it. My feet started hurting like this when I got Mumps last March - dont ask me why, they NEVER hurt at all before then all of a sudden I couldnt stand on them.

It has helped a lot, I take it daily along with my other Bs. It hasnt completely taken the pain away and I still have to use a stick outside but my feet are SO much better and I cant think of anything else that could have helped them.

So thanks again.

love
    Rosie
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

The reason B5 works so well for so many of our symptoms is because it's one of the precursers to the neurotransmitter, acetylcholine. Choline is the other precurser, or building block of acetylcholine and may complete the syjmptom relief for you. I've only ever needed the B5 myself, but everyone is different.

jeanne
    [This Message was Edited on 02/09/2006]
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Panthothenic acid is crucial for adrenal health. Several years ago I was getting chronic sore throats with burning feet, and happened across a book by Adelle Davis, which said that those were symptoms of a panthothenic acid deficiency. I started taking extra pantothenic acid in addition to a good B complex, and the burning feet stopped and sore throats eased.

The pantothenic acid also helped increase my energy, which was low due to weakened adrenals.

Mary
  5. neen85

neen85 New Member

That was started mainly for chronic constipation,per doctors order. It made a world of difference. The book I was given says it also helps with graying hair and memory too. Before using it I would back up clear to my stomach and vomit....getting so ill that I thought I had spinal meningitis the first time it happened. Daneen
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

never heard of choline so will look it up to see if I can buy it in UK.

I was thinking about my feet after I posted and there really is a big difference.

Before I couldnt even put my feet on the floor without hobbling about and going out was agony. I was at the point where I was considering buying an electric wheelchair thats how bad they were.

Now, I'm going around the house fine and only need my stick for my feet when I'm out and even then its not the pain I was experiencing before.

I'll check out the acetyl choline too.

love
    Rosie
  7. Jeanne-in-Canada

Acetylcholine is the neurotransmitter that is made in our bodies from the B vitamins, pantothenic acid and choline. So choline is a B vitamin you'll often see in a good multi, and is easily available.

Glad you got lots of relief from the B5. I used to get such sore feet that I crawled because it hurt so bad to put weight on my feet. Heat and humidity could bring this on, w/out my even walking around and having a reason for sore feet. Anther thing that would cause it big time is shopping because of chemical allergies, it's a big detox symptomf or me when I've inhaled to many chemicals, ie. perfumes, new textiles, exhaust. I don' tget this much anymore, even though I went off B5 for mths (recently back on though because of burning pain and weakness in legs and esp. forearms and impaired muscle funtion).

Jeanne
  8. Jeanne-in-Canada

9. Jeanne-in-Canada

10. marw

marw New Member

I would like to try the Pantothenic acid to see if it will help with constipation, since one person said on this thread that it does.

I used to have terrible pain in my feet and crawl sometimes because I couldn't stand to walk on them. My hands hurt also and my fingers curled. I started using a hot wax tub, and deep heat waxing them (instructions come with the tubs you buy at Walgreen's...you don't keep your feet in the wax, you take them out and wrap them in plastic baggies)and this helped enormously if done 2 or 3 times a day for 20 minutes. Now I am using a heating pad every night on my feet all night, and no longer get up with feet that hurt.
  11. Jeanne-in-Canada