Paperwork

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillieblake, Jul 18, 2008.

1. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

I think I have more mpaperwork to do at home regarding tdisability than I ever had when I was working.

Since I don't have a memory, how the heck am I supposed to get all this done.

Don't say ask a friend to help. They all went the way of the lone ranger.

Don't want to be around someone who might be contagious!

Love, Lillie
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

You are so right, that was the hardest paperwork I ever had to go thru.

I had been sick for so long that I began keeping all of my medical paperwork, filed by doctor and prescriptions filed by name.

It did take a great deal of time. If you have all the doctors names you'll be a step up. I had to complete 17 forms for SSD once I submitted the paperwork - they then send these to your doctors for their records.

If you can't remember dates just put a ? mark and it will come from the docs.

Take care and hang in there.
  3. landra

landra New Member

Start master lists - ones you will copy from! I know I need to start one on doctor's I've seen - it is no0t that many, but chances are I won't be able to think at the very time I need it!

I keep a list of medications updated in my computer, for doctor appts. then I just take the most recent with me to appts. I keep a running summary of events and how I feel to take to PCP at the quarterly sessions needs to validate my disability insurance. Those will also be good when she needs to do letter for appeal on SSDI.

Hope that helps.
  4. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I am doing a better job keeping track now but I didn't at first.

I keep a notebook and the docs cards so I have all of the contact info.

Marti
  5. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

REMOVE ALL STRESS: HIRE A LAWYER
    I HIRED BINDER AND BINDER AND THEY DO ALL THE WORK. THEY CAN ONLY TAKE A CERTAIN PERCENT OF YOUR SETTLEMENT AND NOTHING AFTER THAT.........GOOD LUCK
  6. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

REMOVE ALL STRESS: HIRE A LAWYER
    I HIRED BINDER AND BINDER AND THEY DO ALL THE WORK. THEY CAN ONLY TAKE A CERTAIN PERCENT OF YOUR SETTLEMENT AND NOTHING AFTER THAT.........GOOD LUCK
  7. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

The task of trying to get disability is too great to handle alone. Which disability are you going for, LTD, or SSD? In either case I think you have the best chance for winning your case by hiring an attorney who specializes in either LTD or SSD.

An attorney will do most of the work for you, request information as you go along, file papers with the agencies at the proper time, fight the fight for you.

They will not charge you any money unless and until your case is won. At that time they can only take a certain percentage of your award by law, and no more. It's really worth it.

Click above on "Disability", then click on Scott Davis, and you will find out much more info.

Best wishes,
    Hopeful4