Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Marlene35, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

Has anyone with CFS had problems with parasites. I have been treated for Hookworm for several months now and can't seem to eradicate them. I have used Herbal remedies as well as prescription treatment from the doctor. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?

We do not have a dog, however, I am occasionally around our son's dog. I have no idea how I am getting in contact with this.

Thanks for any help that you can give.

2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Here is some info from the CDC...

Did you get the diagnosis of hookworms after providing a stool sample? Just want to make sure you have the correct parasite.

Perhaps you are being reinfected by walking barefoot on contaminated soil or on hands and into the mouth after contact with contaminated soil.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/25/2010]
  3. Marlene35

Marlene35 New Member

Yes, I got the diagnosis of Hookworm from a stool sample analysis. I will check out the information from the CDC. Thanks. Marlene
  4. u&iraok

u&iraok New Member

I had a foot-and-a-half long tapeworm. I also had candida so what I was taking for that worked for the tapeworm.

black walnut hull capsules
    clove (often you can find the liquid extract of these first three in one bottle)
    oregano oil
    Collodial Silver
    Grapefruit seed extract

Buy several of these and take 3 or 4 times a day until worms are gone. Here's one protocol:

Also try COCONUT WATER! If you can find fresh whole young coconuts. And eat the meat. That's what islanders do, and incidentally I passed the tapeworm after drinking a lot of coconut water, don't know if it was a coincidence or not since I was being treated already for candida, but I do think that's what did it. The tapeworm might have been weakened by my candida treatment.

Other foods to eat:

Pumpkin seeds
    papaya and the seeds, especially the seeds. They taste like horseradish.
    bitter melon and especially the seeds. Very bitter.
  5. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

Have you ever heard of a product called Humaworm??? look them up, they have a website and have a good protocol for parasites.

they are very helpful, and will answer any questions you have.their company has been around for a long time.
  6. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Has your daughter's dog been checked out? He could be reinfecting you and possibly the family has this as well.

Has the hookworm given you symptoms that you have not had before?

What does your doctor say? Was it an MD who did the stool sample?

Since you have had this for a long time, best to get it checked out.

Take care.

7. skikat

skikat New Member

please be careful of going barefoot outdoors in the simmer. that is one way that you can pick up parasites from animals.