Parenting, my view for Rene & others on foster parenting

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Oct 30, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I got custody of my nephew Cody 4 yrs ago, he was 4. His mom is my sis, drug addict, homeless, etc.
    I was married to an a--hole, he wanted nothing to do with Cody, he interefered with his drinking. After a yr of having Cody & fighting with his mom non stop & paying & paying for an atty, I left the marriage. It was the best thing I ever did.

Single parenting however is the hardest, I had such a hard time and I had a great career, am an intelligent capable person, it just is hard, there is no one to lean on and share the joy and pain.

I now have the most incredible husband and Dad for Cody, we just got married last Dec 1, we are so in love, we have peace, harmony, genuine kindness in our home, Cody is absolutely thriving in this environment. It truly does make sense to me why God created a Man and a Woman to have children, I am not at all trying to discourage you, I just found it to be so hard doing it alone as I did for 2 yrs and I was an incredibly strong person.

However, at this point I feel it is the most rewarding thing on earth. This DD has forced me to leave my much loved career and stay home, yesterday I baked cookies & today I frosted 60 cookies with orange pumpkin faces, half for Cody's class party tomorrow and half for my sweetheart to take to work. Nothing on earth is more rewarding than giving my love to these two wonderful guys. You cannot compare any business accomplishment or any amount of money to just feeling so cherished. Both of my sweeties light up when I walk into a room.

Children have a special kind of love.

I wish you all the best, it is an admirable thing to do.

I thank God for Cody, having him has shown me what life is all about, I had no idea, I thought it was important to be top sales person of the month, drive a new convertible, be stunningly attractive & in great shape from being a runner. It was an incredibly empty life compared to now.

Jaci

[This Message was Edited on 10/30/2002]
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I got custody of my nephew Cody 4 yrs ago, he was 4. His mom is my sis, drug addict, homeless, etc.
    I was married to an a--hole, he wanted nothing to do with Cody, he interefered with his drinking. After a yr of having Cody & fighting with his mom non stop & paying & paying for an atty, I left the marriage. It was the best thing I ever did.

Single parenting however is the hardest, I had such a hard time and I had a great career, am an intelligent capable person, it just is hard, there is no one to lean on and share the joy and pain.

I now have the most incredible husband and Dad for Cody, we just got married last Dec 1, we are so in love, we have peace, harmony, genuine kindness in our home, Cody is absolutely thriving in this environment. It truly does make sense to me why God created a Man and a Woman to have children, I am not at all trying to discourage you, I just found it to be so hard doing it alone as I did for 2 yrs and I was an incredibly strong person.

However, at this point I feel it is the most rewarding thing on earth. This DD has forced me to leave my much loved career and stay home, yesterday I baked cookies & today I frosted 60 cookies with orange pumpkin faces, half for Cody's class party tomorrow and half for my sweetheart to take to work. Nothing on earth is more rewarding than giving my love to these two wonderful guys. You cannot compare any business accomplishment or any amount of money to just feeling so cherished. Both of my sweeties light up when I walk into a room.

Children have a special kind of love.

I wish you all the best, it is an admirable thing to do.

I thank God for Cody, having him has shown me what life is all about, I had no idea, I thought it was important to be top sales person of the month, drive a new convertible, be stunningly attractive & in great shape from being a runner. It was an incredibly empty life compared to now.

Jaci

[This Message was Edited on 10/30/2002]