parkinson meds anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jennbug, Aug 8, 2005.

1. jennbug

jennbug New Member

Been taking Parkinson med. for about 6 months found it very effective. Sighificantly reduced pain, increased energy levels, better sleep and wieght loss. Been on Neurontin and Klonopin without much success. Anyone with same results or info would be great....
  2. ourplanet

ourplanet New Member

Recently began Topamax after significant weight gain on Neurontin and ELavil (over 45lbs on my 5'4" frame) What are you taking? Interested...
  3. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

What meds are you on? I've read a few things on this and each bit of info seems to indicate that it is quite helpful.

Glad you're getting some relief. Would love to know which meds worked for you.

Thanks,
    Kris
  4. ibisgirldc

ibisgirldc New Member

Which ones? You'd have to be more specific.

I've taken two different Parkinson's meds... but for my pituitary tumor. They use the same meds, off-label I think, to treat the tumors. I didn't really react well to either (reacted horribly to the one that's supposed to be easier). But my experience isn't necessarily yours... And again, we'd have to know the medicine names to be more helpful.
  5. sheried

sheried New Member

Would like more info. What are you taking?

Hugs,
    Sherie
  6. itzmeannie

itzmeannie New Member

I asked my PCP at Kaiser if she would write me a script for Mirapex because in addition to my untreated RLS, I had heard that it helped with FMS pain. She told me no because it was a very strong seizure medicine.

I wish she could live one day in my body!
  7. GARY700

GARY700 New Member

Were all waiting to hear just what Parkinsons medicine it is your taking...... thanks Gary