PART TWO: good doc is now stupid doc....more rant

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Leaknits, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Oh, this stuff just keeps getting better all the time.

I've already been on today to do a bit of venting about my new doc and how he insisted I need to let him give me Adderall.

Okay. The new bottom line, after I was told by a person at the pharmacy I use that Adderall is not covered by my insurance, the pharm delivery lady just brought me something called Amphetamine Salts which seems to be the generic for Adderall. Guess the generic is covered; do a slight spin on the formula, name the product something else, and presto! it's allowed.

Ran Search for ingredients, and it's a good thing I did. There's a sulfa derivative in this stuff...and I'm allergic to sulfas.

WHEN are drs going to read the info in our files? New doc knows I'm allergic, and scripted me the stuff anyway.

No, I don't think I'll try this stuff. Something about not wanting to get allergy-sick at the minimum, or have a stroke/heart attack at the maximum, just sort of turns me right off. But that's just me.
    Lea.
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

we must be our own doctors to a point.

I am thankful that you study and check things out first.
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hi Lea,

Same ole, same ole, huh? Remember, Pal, you're quirky with meds and you're also going through a lot of stress right now with your furbabies.

As you know, I think we can do too much research but that's just my opinion.

Hugs,
    M.
  4. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

YES, we do have to be our own drs.

"Real" drs (ha) resent it if we do research.

At the same time, they will scold us if we don't present them with data re whatever ails us.

I thought they went to med school to learn about illnesses, but it seems I was wrong.

His latest pronouncement is that he wants me to be tested for Lyme, lupus, and something else I have already managed to forget. The fact that trying to do what he wants me to do would take up most of an exhausting (and too hot) day doesn't faze him one bit. Of course not, he's not the one who has to do it.

I think he is going to try to tell me my dx'd cfs doesn't exist...grrrr.

I have to get out of here and try to calm down, my usually low bp is higher than a kite.
    Lea.