partcialy approved for ssi ???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by puffy1, Apr 24, 2007.

1. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

I just got a call from the ssi office telling me I was partcialy approved for disablity and I have an apt to go in and discuss it.

Can anyone tell me what this means? By that I mean partcialy and the fact that I need to go into the office to discuss it??

Puffy
  2. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

WEll I checked the mail after talking to the ssi worker and sure enough there was my officila notice. So it turns out I guess that I was approved for 2005 on, rather than 2004 which is when I applied so I answered my own question.
  3. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

I was shocked and still am actualy.

I did not exspect to hear from them till sometime next year and was prepared to be denied so this is realy good news for me.

Do you know if it is standard proceedure to have an appt with them after you have been approved that I was also not exspecting but still YEAH!

Puffy
  4. jmq

jmq New Member

I am so happy for you. Was this your first attempt? What was your dx and how long did it take you? What state?

It gives us all who are going to apply some hope!
    jmq
  5. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

I am currently holding my breath in the reconsideration stage so I am very happy to hear your very good news! What a relief that must be. Please let us know what they wanted to see about.

Congratulations,
    Cindy
  6. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi Puffy, congratulations on your approval!
    what wonderful news for you!
    My question, though, --i read thru posts and you had your hearing on 12/12/06?????????
    (I have been snooping on all the approvals i read about to get an idea of the timeline, since i am waiting on a response from my hearing)
    Did you have any communication from them until now?
    wow, if you are like me, it will take you til next december to recover from the wait! Thank God you got approved, tho, especially with your att. dumping you a day before the hearing, if i read right. What an ordeal, so glad you can now relax and focus on healing!
    Congratulations again--L
  7. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

Yes this was from my Dec. hearing I had the paperwork I got in the mail says parcialy favorable? I am guessing it is because they only wnet back to 05 rather than 04 whne a inicialy filed.

Not exactly sure what they went by other than the Fibro which would be great if I got it based on that alone.

It is a lot of pages of how they came to there decision too many pages,it was making me cross eyed so I had my husband look it over for me.

What I don't understand it why I have an apt to bring in certain items Again. like birth records, pay stubs, bacnk account info.

But I well let you know how that goes.

OH YEAH! I did it with out an attorney and that for me is a big victory sence no attorney would help me. HOO YA!!

Puffy
  8. Engel

Engel New Member

good for you
  9. dononagin

dononagin New Member

Congrats.. that's awesome news!
  10. CFS1992

CFS1992 New Member

If you are getting SSI, that is supplemental social income, and the amount that you will get is based on your whole household income, which is why they would need to see current records for your household income, including your husband's income. SSI is for people who do not qualify for SSDI based on their own work history and working for at least 10 years.

If you had worked for at least 10 years (40 credits) and had your own social security account to draw from, that is SSDI (social security disability income) and that is based on your past work wages on which you paid into the social security system. That information is already in the social security system's database.

Good luck, and I wish better health for you.

Linda
  11. Ginner

Ginner New Member

Oh good for you Puffy 1 !!

I do not have any answers for you. I am anxious to see what the advice you get so I will follow your thread. I applied this past Jan and so I am waiting to hear. I know it takes a while.

What a relief for you. It isn't easy.

Best thoughts,
    Ginner
  12. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

you are right there ginner it is not easy and I could not have gotten through all that paper work with every appeal without the help of my husband I would have messed it all up trying to answer all those questions.

He was a real help to me all through it.

cfs1992: thank you for the info I kinda figured thats what it was all about but my ssi statemnt I sent away for shows that I did have enough credits to apply on my own. And I beleive that when I talked to someone on the phone a few years back from the ssi office he said because of my husband income that I would probably not qualify for supplemental. He makes too much.

so I well just have to waite and see what they say.

I just didn't expect this after hearing about other people getting approvals though I would just get a letter and either get a check or a denial letter lol.

but at any rate it did say partcial approval and they can't take that back can they??

Puffy