Parvo Virus & Joint Pain HELP!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ezroc, Aug 24, 2005.

1. ezroc

ezroc New Member

I have been recently diagnosed with Parvovirus. I have tried to read up on it but everywhere I go it talks about kids having it. I was wondering if any adults out there have or had it. I'm in pain all the time, my joints hurt so bad I can barely get out of bed in the morning. The Dr. gave me Prednisone to help which it has, but I missed a dose and it came back stronger than ever. Please, if anybody can help I would appreciate it. My doctor said I would have to deal with it until it goes away, which could be up to 3 months. Thanks for taking the time to read this...
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

virus that we vaccinate our dogs for??
  3. ezroc

ezroc New Member

Yes kinda, it's called parvovirus B19 I'm not really great on computers, so I can't really find out alot about it or anybody that has had it.
  4. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

and type in the word in the space provided, you should be able to find out lots of stuff. I type in something like parvovirus in humans, or something like that. Sorry I can't be of more help. Hope someone can help you or that you can find something in your google search. www.google.com
    (or .ca in canada)
  5. ezroc

ezroc New Member

Thanks for everybody's help!
  6. gottagetbetter

gottagetbetter New Member

I actually contracted fifth disease while I was pregnant with my 3rd child. Normally terminates pregnancies. So my little one is too special!!

Horrid joint pain itchy rash..just totally miserable!! I would not recommend the steriods because they wipe out your immune system. As I said I had this while pregnant and made it through just fine without meds..you can do it. Baths helped with epsom salt/ and hydrogen peroxide. Drinking lots of lemon water and getting loads of rest.

~P:O)
  7. kcollins

kcollins New Member

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia after I was sick with parvo virus (fifth disease)in 1996. My doctor also told me that most people recover from the joint pain after several months. A few people, like me, develop fibromyalgia or arthritis which unfortunately does not go away. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Take care,
    Kathy
  8. kcollins

kcollins New Member