Passing a drug test?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sugarluv, Sep 26, 2006.

1. sugarluv

sugarluv New Member

Hi,
    I am new to the boards and have a question. I am on several homeopathic formulations and herbs for my fibromyalgia and Lyme disease. I have a drug test tomorrow for a job. I am wondering if anyone knows of herbs that would cause you to fail a drug test? Also, I took a Vicodin yesterday for my pain. I am really worried because I desperately need a job. thanks in advance.
  2. m5shelly

m5shelly New Member

Vicoden is normally not a drug they are looking for in a drug test. They are looking for illegal drugs, and if you haven't done any pot or cocaine, etc., I wouldn't worry about failing.
  3. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

Regarding your drug test for employment.

My answer to you is in lieu of, during my working days of 35 years, and plenty of jobs underneath my belt, including being a Paralegal and working for the Government. I became disabled 9 years ago and believe the following information still stands.

When taking a drug-screening test for employment, always tell the truth. As long as your honest, it should not backfire on you. First tell the technician, who is doing the test, what medications and supplements you take. They will be the first to tell you whether or not they will show up in your urine, and whether or not you need to list them.

That's the best advise that I can tell you.

Eileen

p.s. Forgot to mention, do bring the bottles of everything your on. You do not have to bring them in full, they will not count them, just so that they will see the bottles with your name on them. [This Message was Edited on 09/26/2006]
  4. mildred623

mildred623 New Member

Vicodan shows up only as an "opiate" this could be anything from Vicodan to Herion. I know this from experience. Make sure you tell them ahead of time and bring the bottle to prove it is your RX.
  5. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

Like someone else said, be honest with them and if they question the opiates that will probably show up in the test show them your script and you should be fine. Not sure about the herbs thing. Only thing i have ever really heard of it poppy seeds.