Pathogenic monsters and chronic Illnesses... (FM Thread)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by RadioFM, Aug 4, 2014.

1. RadioFM

RadioFM Member

"This is key information for you people out there suffering from autoimmune disorders. Mycoplasma's are not a virus and not a bacteria, but something in between, which is incerdibly small and difficult to detect. It has no cell wall, and attaches itself to the host's cells and are parasitic in nature, as they feed on the host cells. They are slowgrowing, and can change form and shape, which along with their size makes them difficult to cope with for the body. And once they are in your body, if they are not treated directly, patients will not recover, and will have the infection for the rest of their lives, which makes the conditions caused by it seem "cronic". They are found more often in women than men at about the ratio 1:4, which happens to be the same with many auto immune disorders.

"They feed on L-arginine in the body, so when trying to treat these infections, it is important to avoid arginine in your diet. Arginine high foods are nuts, seeds, chocolate, fish & meat - basicly in all high protein foods, though nuts, seeds and chocolate definately being the worst. Low arginine foods are vegetables and fruits, and other low protein foods. Keep in mind arginine should only be avoided while the treatment is on going, when the mycoplasma is killed off you can eat arginine again."

Radio note: My experience has been that low mercury fish will not cause the Arginine problem. I do feel we need to limit the amount nuts, seeds, chocolate, meats we consume as well as carbohydrates and sugars in order to starve these pathogenic monsters main food supply.

You can read more about mycoplasma's here: http://www.rain-tree.com/myco.htm

"Most doctors have been told these infections are harmless (keep in mind they are difficult to detect to begin with, and if your not looking for them you will definately not find them - and your condition will remain a mystery and you are just "unlucky"/have bad genes), some know about them and will treat them with anti biotics, even though there are natural treatments that are actually more effective and healthy. These include olive leaf extract, sovereign silver and TrimaZyme(natural enzyme and herb product designed to kill mycoplasmas) to name a few. Remember when you take natural anti biotics, you kill off the friendly flora in your gut as well so remember to take pro-biotics. Many people who have had these infections for a while will also have Leaky gut syndrome(many people without mycoplasmas have this as well). please pas this information on to your loved ones suffering from auto immune disorders - this could potentially help (actually cure) them." See more here:
    Auto-immune disorders caused by mycoplasma

"Mycoplasmas are parasitic in nature because they rely on the nutrients found in host cells including cholesterol, amino acids, fatty acids and even DNA. They especially thrive in cholesterol rich and arginine-rich environments. Mycoplasmas can generally be found in the mucous membrane in the respiratory tract. They need cholesterol for membrane function and growth, and there is an abundance of cholesterol in the bronchial tubes of the respiratory tract. Once attached to a host cell, they then begin competing for nutrients inside the host cells. As nutrients are depleted, then these host cells can begin to malfunction, or even change normal functioning of the cell, causing a chain reaction with other cells (especially within the immune and endocrine systems). Mycoplasmas can even cause RNA and DNA mutation of the host cells and have been linked to certain cancers for this reason. Mycoplasmas can also invade and live inside host cells which evade the immune system, especially white blood cells. Once inside a white blood cell, mycoplasmas can travel throughout the body and even cross the blood/brain barrier, and into the central nervous system and spinal fluid"

See more info here: Is Fibromyalgia Caused by a Mycoplasma Infection?

" Invasive bacterial infections
    are associated with several acute and chronic illnesses, including: aerodigestive diseases such as Asthma, Pneumonia, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases; rheumatoid diseases, such as Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA); immunosuppression diseases such as HIV-AIDS; genitourinary infections and chronic fatigue illnesses such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FMS) and Gulf War Illnesses (GWI). It is now apparent that such infections could be (a) causative, (b) cofactors or (c) opportunistic agents in a variety of chronic illnesses." http://www.gulfwarvets.com/article24.htm

Radio:
    Dr Garth Nicolson has done some great research on mycoplasma....Google "Garth Nicolson mycoplasma"

See more info here:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014 at 11:34 AM
  2. RadioFM

RadioFM Member

Dr. Garth Nicolson - Weaponized Mycoplasmas

Biofilms: Bacteria Create Toxic Films

What Are Bacterial Biofilms? A Six Minute Montage

Radio:
    One of the herbs in the ayurvedic has been proven to destroy biofilms is called "Triphala"...

Biofilm protocols info...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014 at 2:02 PM
  3. RadioFM

RadioFM Member

Recovering from MS, FM and CFS: Brisbane Physiotherapist Kate Stossel chats to Prof. Garth Nicolson

Radio: Reverse Mitochondrial Damage 101

Lipid replacement therapy
    can potentially help everyone in this forum. It does not matter which subgroup of FM/ME you are in. The core of the problem has always been acquired mitochondrial damage. Repairing the mitochondrial is one of the first step in healing...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014 at 2:12 PM
  4. RadioFM

RadioFM Member

5. RadioFM

RadioFM Member

Radio: Please review this info on killing these infections.

Protocol - Chronicles Of Borrelia
    Below are links about using Niacin/ niacinamide (b3), and Dr. Klinghardt's recommendation...

"The centerpiece of what we are using that is finally working is called fucoidan (FuCoyDon – Sisel Brand name) It is a sulfated polysaccharide from brown seaweed. Running a search on fucoidan and just about anything, shows that it is incredibly effective for many conditions. There is also evidence that fucoidan helps to remove mercury and other heavy metals, and damage from radiation exposure, both of which are always present in chronic illness.

"This may be the most effective treatment for our Lyme symptoms that we have tried- based on symptom improvement and improved CD 57 NK Cell essay markers- as it was the first treatment that actually improved the markers – significantly- after about 9 months. Fucoidan is the perfect immune system modulator as it helps to keep Natural Killer Cell markers high- NK cells are an important part of the immune system because they aid in fighting infections. Our white blood cells also rose after taking fucoidan, from previously below normal levels, which is common in Lyme. Nothing else we had tried over the years worked liked fucoidan and it has been said that no other supplement does more for the human body than fucoidan." http://lymeinchronicillness.com/natural-lyme-protocol-treatment/

Niacinamide Turns Out To Be a Potent Candida-Killing Nutrient

"In the current study, researchers found that niacinamide directly disrupted key Candida reproductive enzymes leading to weaker strains of Candida, an inability to form infectious biofilms, and gross aberrations in the DNA of Candida. This is all good news for humans and bad news for Candida. Niacinamide is virtually free of side effects as long as a total dose does not pass 3,000 mgs per day. Niacinamide is similar to niacin, but does not have any flushing or any ability to lower cholesterol." http://www.wellnessresources.com/health/articles/niacinamide_turns_out_to_be_...

Published in July 2010: http://www.wellnessresources.com/studies/entry/niacinamide_helps_combat_candi...

What kills mycoplasmas besides antibiotics? | ProHealth ME/< Great thread!
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014 at 12:11 PM
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It was a mycoplasma infection which triggered my CFIDS/ME in 1990. I lived next to a military facility where soldiers were being vaccinated prior to being deployed to the first Gulf War. I likely got the infection in the holiday shopping crowds from a soldier who was actively infected. It left me in great pain and crippled for months. I've never been the same since.

Dr. Nicolson was in touch with me via e-mail and was very helpful. It took 2 1/2 yrs. on Doxycycline, pulsing it off and on, to finally drive the infection into latency. Like with Lyme, the bacteria can hide out in the form of cysts deep inside the body's tissue only to reactivate when one gets injured, sick or run down.

We need to be careful in not mistaking a triggering event from deciding that it is what "causes" our illnesses. There are many triggers and mycoplasma is only one of them. BTW, it is prevalent in Gulf War Illness which, I believe, is the same as CFIDS/ME.

Love, Mikie
    RadioFM likes this.
  7. RadioFM

RadioFM Member

Hey Mikie,

Thanks for the great info...I feel mycoplasma is the elephant in the room and may be the main connection in developing fibromyalgia. There are many contributing factors such as co-infections, mercury, environmental toxins and genetics that need to be evaluated.

My research has convinced me that the inflammation, ROS, mitochondrial damage caused buy killing this infections may be more detrimental than the infections themselves. I feel we must addressed all the contributing factors in order to achieve homeostasisin. Once this has been done. We can start identifying and killing these pathogenic monsters and limiting the collateral damage done to the body.

• Functional nutrition must be built into equation
    • Immune modulation and homeostasis support
    • SOD/ROS Antioxidants support and natural non toxic anti-inflammatory
    • Mitochondrial/Methylation nutritional deficiencies support
    • Functional comprehensive testing and gastrointestinal investigation
    • Test inflammatory cytokine on a regular basis and autoimmune disease antibodies

We all have different genetic variations that will need to be compensated for in deal with FM.

Please review cytokine immunology related Testing info...

• NeuroScience click on Immunology...look for "Inflammatory cytokine profile TEST" IL-1beta, IL-6, IL-8, IL-17, IFNgamma, and TNFalpha. C3a and C4a
    • DetoxiGenomic® Profile < -- This test evaluates SNPs associated with increased risk of impaired detoxification capacity.

This information is not intended to be medical advice. The information is meant to inspire and motivate you to make your own decisions surrounding your health care and dietary needs. We need to challenge ourselves and ask the right questions and pay it forward and never give up the fight!
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014 at 7:15 PM
  8. RadioFM

RadioFM Member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014 at 2:20 PM
  9. RadioFM

RadioFM Member