PATIENCE AND PRAYER = PERSERVERENCE

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by another_painful_day, Mar 29, 2004.

1. another_painful_day

another_painful_day New Member

OK...well...Got good news today...

I GOT THE JOB EVERYONE!!!

I start whenever I call her back and tell her.

Let me tell you all a little story of how if you REALLY listen to God in everything that happens around you, how it pays off in the end.

You all knew that I went on a job interview last week and well, I had to wait PATIENTLY for this Moday (today) to find out if I had the job or not...so...I did...and I also prayed for peace and patience...so I wouldnt agonize over that period of time. Well, I have been very calm...which is a miracle in itself actually. Of course, I probly have been internalizing the stress though...I have been hurting alot and am sleepless as usual. I spend my HWOLE ENTIRE WEEKEND out in my yard planting shrubs and moving dirt and building things to keep my focus off the stress of waiting...it worked believe it or not...I just can barely move today LOL!

In the meantime, a day or so after the interview I was approached by a friend about ANOTHER job opprotunity from a good friend of his. It was a little farther away, but that boss would have been even sweeter than the one I already have and I would have been working alone in the office...which would have been nice. Same pay but farther away, alot more aggravating traffic...but well worth me leaving where I am now. I was told I basically already got the job but I was going with this friend to go meet the guy and his wife to see if I was truly interested.

Today I was going for THAT job interview, after work.

At this point I was so confused when last friday came. I thought "well God, I prayed for an open door and you opened a floodgate.....which way do I go God? Its all in your hands I just need a little shove, some confidence and a little guidance...".

Yesterday at church the sermon was about how sometimes we are so unhappy with our jobs and we feel certain things are unfair...he quoted a story in the bible referencing this. He went on and on. As he spoke I nudged by hubby in the arm and looked at him smiling and noticed he was crying and smiling.....he knew that God was speaking to me. So funny how alot of sermons end up being about something I was praying about the previous week...I was a little more confused when I left church though...I was confused about the "message" I was getting from the sermon. I thought MAYBE I was suppose to stay at the job where I am at now even though I have been getting abused in some form and manner everyday from the two young girls who work there and treat me bad(they are sisters)... I have a very sweet but VERY clueless and whimpy boss who tends to "look the other way" . I have also been completely demoted and humiliated since last August as well. My hubby looked at me and said "NO WAY...YOU NEED TO DEFINATELY GET OUT OF THERE GOD KNOWS THAT!!!!GOD BACKS YOU UP AS WELL..SO KEEP PRAYING FOR ANSWERS...YOU WILL SEE, YOU WILL GET YOUR ANSWER." Hes right...

Today was a pretty crazy day at work and I was anxious about going on this other interview. I walked into my job finding out I lost my office, got dumped into the other office with the one sister, out in plain view, computer still not fixed and my desk taken away from me and all my belongings thrown in a bag on the floor and left with a smaller junky desk with no drawers. From that point I KNEW that I had to leave this job enough was enough. I was so angry...I ended up saying a prayer to ask for forgiveness and also prayed for these two horrible young ladies.

Then I got a call from hubby...the first job interviewd at last week called and left a message to call them back, but nothing on whether I got the job or not. SO I planned to when I got home but I was still very confused at which job to take...that is if I got ANY of these jobs.

by the end of the day, my friend who told me about job #2, said his friends mom had a stroke this past weekend and he couldnt do interview today it would have to wait...

AT this point I was confused again becaus eif I found out I got the first job I really wanted to compare the two and see which was better for me....

I came home to find that I got the job from the first interview last week.

My hubby looked at me when I got home and said "SEE...GOD KNOWS WHERE YOU SHOULD BE...THAT JOB INTERVIEW FEEL THRU BECAUSE YOU HAVE YOUR ANSWER ALREADY.....GOD WANTS YOU TO BE AT THE JOB THAT CALLED TODAY...THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON DEAR...." He smiled at me and gave me a peck on the cheek.

Funny how God works...especially when your really listening.

I know he has been hearing me all along. I just get side-tracked with things that I try to "control" but really, I am not suppose to control ANYTHING.

I lef tit all in Gods hands everyone...he took care of it. I am so blessed.

Thanks for reading this...even though its a tad too long!
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m so happy for you. I agree with your husband, things happen for a reason. We just need to try to be patient and wait and see what God has in store for us.

In my own life when I "totally" turn my problems over to God, he works things out for me.

I just hope you love your new job and I`m so glad you don`t have to work around those stressful, toxic people anymore.

Best wishes,
    Sandy