PATIENT PLAN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loui, Jun 16, 2008.

1. loui

loui New Member

HI EVERYONE
    I AM THE GRANDMOTHER OF A TEN YEAR OLD G/DAUGHTER WHO HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME.WE ARE IN THE UK AND TODAY HAD A SECOND APPOINTMENT WITH A CHILD PSYCHOLOGIST WHO HAS TOLD US TO PLAN MY G/DAUGHTERS DAY FOR EXAMPLE GETTING UP AT THE SAME TIME DOING STUFF AT SAME TIME OF DAY AND IN BETWEEN ACTIVITIES TO HAVE 30 MINUTE REST NO TV JUST SOFT MUSIC.HE INFORMED US THIS COULD BE A CURE AND THAT SHE SHOULD BE FREE IN M.E BY THE AGE OF 14 YEARS . NOW I AM CONFUSED HE INFORMED US THIS KIND OF PROGRAMME HAS COME FROM THE USA SO IF ANY OF U GUYS CAN ENLIGHTEN ME I WOULD BE GRATEFUL AS TO WHERE THIS PROGRAMME ORIGINATED FROM AND MORE IMPORTANT DOES IT WORK .
    WITH THANKS LOU
  2. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I am in the U.S. I have never heard of this plan but that doesn't mean much because I stay far away from psychologists.

This illness is biochemical in nature, a cascade that creates havoc with various body systems. I would suggest that you take her to Dr. Amy Myhill. Do a search on her name

DR SARAH MYHILL, UPPER WESTON, LLANGUNLLO, KNIGHTON, POWYS LD7 ISL
    TEL: 01547550331 Fax: 01547550339 email: office@doctormyhill.co.uk Website: www.drmyhill.co.uk
    Office secretaries: Caroline, Colette, Jane, Judy, Julia, Hania, Helen, Lyn, Nicky and Rosie

It is my opinion that the sooner she gets real medical help, she could put this illness into remission. There is currently no cure. But with careful living, she could go into remission and stay there.

Please keep searching and don't give up. Please read Dr. Myhill's work, she provides several free articles and books on her website. One link is a 193 page book.

There is help.

Marti

P.S. You may get more responses if you do not type in all capital letters and if you give lots of spacing between sentences. All caps is very hard to read and I ususally hit the back button without reading the post. Hurts my eyes. But I saw the age of the child and felt like helping.

Don't lose hope, Marti
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I agree with Marti.

Bumping post for other's opinions.

GA
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

I can't tell you how important it is that you do NOT think this is appropiate advice for CFS/ME!

If you would "edit" your Title to read: "Tansy: grandaughter has CFS!"
    you will be contacting the person who can lead you to the best info on the situation in the UK.

Do not let the political games there prevent you from getting the best, immediate help for your beloved granddaughter.

This medical advice is against all the experts in the field's protocols. It is harmful and counterproductive.

Please retitle your post now, and Tansy will be responding soon, i am sure!

Best luck to you and yours,
    findmind
  5. loui

loui New Member

I am sorry about the caps my eye sight not too good but i do thankyou for all your advise and will certainly take it to heart .My daughter and i were very concerned about the word cure as we had never heard of a "cure "for this conditon .
    thanks again lou
  6. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have had CFS and FM symptoms since I was very young. I still have them and they have only gotten worse.

I do not understand how this program he has set out will "cure" CFS. It just doesn't make sense. Sorry that is just my opinion.