PatPalmer - sea salt conundrum

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elaine_p, Aug 10, 2003.

1. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I got the Redmond RealSalt that Mikie uses. I'd put 1/4 tsp in 2 quarts of water and drink that combined with regular water throughout the day.

After several days of that, I started using it on my food in place of regular salt. Within a couple days, it's like I couldn't STAND the taste of it, not even for drinking. It was like a visceral reaction. I'd guess that my body was telling me I was getting too much or something. Maybe I should go back to just drinking 1/4 tsp and using table salt for cooking. Or something. (Oh yeah, I was going to try that before posting this, but I forgot.)

Do you have any thoughts on this? I have no clue who I'd ask except maybe a general post or the "Sea Salt Guru". :)

Thanks!
  2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Definately not if you have developed a sensitive taste AND hate it. But, not to worry there is an alternative.... (((Cellfood concentrate.)))

£30 for 30ml and is tasteless, should last ages.

I have only just started using this, all you do is add 8 drops to a glass of mineral water 3 times a day, and drink...
    This product has all the ingredients of salt and much much more, here`s some info & a list of contents:-

Try not to use much table salt if you need it in cooking.

Love Pat.

Cellfood Ingredients

Cellfood contains only the finest all-natural plant substances. It is sourced from the clean southern seas surrounding New Zealand, from mineral springs and from fossilized plants taken from virgin earth. The minerals, enzymes and amino acids are cryogenically not chemically extracted - and are totally non-toxic. It takes nine months to make each batch of Cellfood

Cellfood is a proprietary ionic formula containing dissolved oxygen, electrolytes, 78 trace minerals, 34 metabolic enzymes and 17 amino acids, which provides an unsurpassed oxygen source, and nutrient delivery system to the body.

full aqueous solution and delivering them to every single cell. Its unique time-release delivery system ensures that the oxygen and vital nutrients are rapidly absorbed by the body at the cellular level, and continue this steady stream of cell nourishment all day.

Cellfood is completely safe and non-toxic. It has passed the LD50 test, the standard for nutrition (food or drug) safety studies in Europe and America, easily surpassing the permitted levels.

CELLFOOD'S FIVE TYPES OF VITAL NUTRIENTS

1. Enhanced Oxygen
    Oxygen is vital to the healthy functioning of our body. It fuels all of its systems, fires its chemical reactions, and eliminates wastes and toxins. Cellfood enhances the critical bioavailability of oxygen to the body through its unique ability to 'dissociate' water molecules within the body, resulting in the release of abundant nascent oxygen, and hydrogen, directly to the cells. Oxygen is Life

2. Trace Minerals
    You need minerals to make up your body fluids, for the formation of blood and bone cells, and the maintenance of healthy nerve functioning. Lack of a single mineral in your food can cause mental and physical problems. We all know of the importance of calcium in our diets for building strong bones and teeth. However, because of the growing depletion on minerals in your food, you also need some form of supplementation that will supply you with all the necessary minerals for your body's optimal performance.

Of the 78 minerals in Cellfood, 34 are from fossilized plants taken from virgin earth and 44 from the clean Southern Oceans surrounding New Zealand, unrefined and still containing their natural resources.

Actinium Erbium Lithium Praseodynium Thallium
    Antimony Europium Lutetium Promethium Thorium
    Argon Fluorine Magnesium Thenium Tin
    Astatine Gadolinium Manganese Thodium Titanium
    Barium Gallium Molybdenum Rubidum Tungsten
    Beryllium Germanium Neodymium Ruthenium Vanadium
    Bismuth Gold Neon Samarium Xenon
    Boron Hafnium Nickel Selenium Ytterbium
    Bromine Helium Niobium Silica Zinc
    Calcium Holmium Nitrogen Silicon Zirconium
    Carbon Hydrogen Osmium Silver
    Cerium Indium Oxygen Sodium
    Cesium Iodine Palladium Sulphur
    Chromium Iridium Phosphorous Tantalum
    Cobalt Iron Platinum Technetium
    Copper Krypton Polonium Tellurium
    Dysprosium Lanthanum Potassium Terbium

* Note the absence of aluminium, cadmium, chlorine, mercury, lead and radium

3. Amino Acids
    Amino acids are the chemical building blocks of proteins. Proteins make up muscles, ligaments, tendons, organs, glands, and are essential for the growth of bones. Proteins are chains of amino acids linked together.

In order for your body to use the food that you eat, the body needs amino acids to make up its necessary proteins. Strangely enough, the proteins that your body uses are NOT obtained directly from the food you eat.

Dietary protein is first broken down into amino acids, which your body then uses to build the specific proteins, hormones, antibodies and neurotransmitters it needs.

Amino acids are also needed for vitamins and minerals to work.

Cellfood contains 17 plant amino acids to assist you in these functions.

Alanine Arginine Aspartic Acid
    Cystine Glutamic acid Glycine
    Histidine Isoleucine Lysine
    Methionine Phenylalanine Proline
    Serine Threonine Tryptophan
    Tyrosine Valine

4. Metabolic Enzymes
    In order for your body to draw valuable nutrients from your food, it is necessary for your food to be properly digested and metabolised. Digestive enzymes assist the digestive system in the breaking-down of carbohydrates, fats and proteins into their basic components (simple sugars, fatty acids and amino acids).

Metabolic enzymes then help to catalyse the various chemical reactions with in your cells. Such as energy production and detoxification - and in this way they assist in the building your body from proteins, carbohydrates and fats.

Enzymes are extremely sensitive to heat and are destroyed by temperatures above 50 degrees Celsius. When you cook your vegetables these essential enzymes are destroyed. You need to eat more raw vegetables and fruits and supplement your intake of enzymes.

Here are the 34 plant enzymes in Cellfood:

Hydrolases, Carbobydrases
    Maltase
    Sucrase
    Emulsin
    Nucleases
    Polynucleotidase
    Nucleotidase
    Peptitdases
    Aminopolypeptidase
    Dipeptidase
    Prolinase
    Esterases
    Lipase
    Phosphotase
    Sulfatase
    Hydrases
    Fumarase
    Enolase
    Mutases
    Aldehyde Mutase
    Glyoxalase
    Desmolases
    Zymohexase(aldolase)
    Carboxylase
    Amidase
    Urease
    Iron Enzymes
    Catalase
    Cytochrome oxidase
    Peroxidase
    Copper Enzymes
    Tyrosinase
    Ascorbic acid oxidase
    Enzymes containing Coenzymes 1 and/or 2
    Lactic Dehydrogenase
    Robison Ester Dehydrogenase
    Enzymes which reduce cytochrome
    Succinic Dehydrogenase
    Yellow Enzymes
    Warburg's Old Yellow Enzymes
    Diaphorase
    Haas Enzyme
    Cytochrome C.reductase
    Other Enzymes
    Phosphorylase
    Phosphohexisomerase
    Hexokinase
    Phosphoglumutase

5. Electrolytes
    Electrolytes are mineral ions that flow throughout the bloodstream transmitting and receiving the electrical impulses required to regulate the blood, heart, kidney, lung and other organ and chemical functions.

Electrolytes are important because they are what your cells (especially nerve, heart and muscle) use to maintain voltages across their membranes and to carry electrical impulses (nerve impulses, muscle, contractions) across themselves and to other cells. Your kidneys work to keep the electrolyte concentrations in your blood constant despite changes in your body. For example, when you exercise heavily, you lose electrolytes in your sweat, particularly sodium and potassium. These electrolytes must be replaced to keep the electrolyte concentrations of your body fluids constant.

Most 'sport drinks' only contain 2 or 3 electrolytes. Cellfood contains an incredible 78 electrolytes that can be used by your body instantly. Electrolytes are vital for athletes and sport people, because high intensity exercise requires a higher degree of energy production and fluid replacement.

3. tansy

tansy New Member

the original cellfood can be used IN PLACE of sea salt. I too do not think additional sea salt is doing all it could and my stomach has settled more since cutting it back down again.

So for all those who find sea salt irritates the stomach or who hate this taste here's a viable option. Would be great if you're right it makes it even more potentially helpful for those as seriously ill as Paulmark.

Thanks for that info Pat.

Love

Tansy

4. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I thought I must be using it wrong, or something, since I've never seen anyone post a problem to it. (I could "stand" the taste when I was just drinking it, though I didn't get to *like* it as some people seem to.)

I'll print out your reply as soon as I get my dang printer working again....

Thanks for so willingly sharing your knowledge! (Though I have to say, between you Klutzo, JellyBelly and CookiemMonster I've sure been using more paper lately. :)