Patrick Swayze Died

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Busyknitter2, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I found out earlier today that he lost his fight with prostrate cancer. He was my favorite actor for many years. I think that there was not much that he was in that I have not seen.

I feel awful for his wife and mothere. It said that his family was by his side.

Rest in Peace Patrick.
  2. lynncats

lynncats New Member

I posted on the FM board regarding Patrick........Wonderful man, husband, just all, and all a good guy....RIP Patrick.
  3. JimB51

JimB51 Member

Yeah. I always enjoyed his movies. Glad that at least he is no longer suffering that awful disease. Jim
    [This Message was Edited on 09/14/2009]
  4. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Yes, very sad, but I too agree, he is no longer suffering....RIP!!!!!
  5. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I looked cachexia up on Web MD. There is an article about Patrick Swayze and his cancer fight.

It said that cachexia is a advanced protein-calorie malnutrition and is charactized by involuntry weight loss, muscle wasting and decreased quality of life.
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

What a terrible loss of a young life. He seemed to be such a sweet guy as well as being such a wonderful actor.

I know he will be missed by many.

Yes, may he PIP for sure.

7. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

Although the world has lost a beautiful soul I'm so glad he is no longer in pain.

The film Dirty Dancing became a "girl's night in" tradition in our house. My daughter, our next-door neighbor, and I watched that movie together at least a half dozen times. It began as a fluke, my daughter was in college and home for break. One night we decided to watch Dancing and order a Pizza Hut Taco Pizza. Of course my son was out and my now ex-husband never watched anything but sports. So we gave him a couple pieces of pizza and he went in the other room. Just as the movie was about to start our neighbor stopped over to borrow something. We invited her to join us and after she cleared it with her hubby to watch their kids we settled in - Pizza and Patrick.

We had so much fun, just us 3 girls, we repeated the event as often as time permitted.

Losing Patrick seems like losing part of our family.

May God lay His healing touch on the hearts of his wife and family (and all those of us who loved him so much).

8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

He was my favorite too. He was so talented, so nice, and such a fine family man.

Loved the Dirty Dancing movie, and also the NOrth & South Mini series. He was great in that as well as all his movies.

Yes, I have prayed for his family, I know how their hearts must be hurting.

Shalom, Shirl
  9. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Patrick Swayze died of pancreatic cancer, not prostate cancer. Pancreatic cancer is the deadliest form of cancer there is and only a 1% chance of survival.
  10. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

You are right. I knew this but when I wrote the post for some reason I put prostrate instead of pancreatic.