Paul Cheney on Video on cfs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karinaxx, Oct 14, 2006.

1. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

Dr Paul Cheney has been filmed giving a talk on CFS and heart malfunction. In the video, Dr Cheney explores the correlation between CFS patients and a malfunction with their heart’s left ventricular’s function. It seems that this malfunction causes the heart not to fill with as much blood, therefore the output is much decreased. This is called mild Diastolic Dysfunction - Grade 1. This condition cannot be picked up by a normal ECG. However, it is important to stress that Dr Cheney believes that this type of dysfunction is not a life-threatening disease.

The video, although very interesting, is rather long. I recommend you let it download, walk away and make a cup of tea, and go back to it regularly for viewing.
    link

http://www.sleepydust.info/2006/09/10/media-article-cfs-and-diastolic-cardiomyopathy-video/
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I'm a Cheney fan! Thanks for the link, I wanted to see this video but had no idea I could download it.

You are my hero!
  3. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

i have not seen it myself. it is long to download and i got disconnected yesterday.
    but he sounds very competant (sp?)
    ciou karina
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

to download. I never got to finish the movie thanks to my sweet children though. I saw in your profile that you live in India! How fashinating!

If you wish you can tell me a little about it, I love different countries and cultures. India is one place I always wanted to go to!

Hugs
  5. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

i am still watching and downloading, hell it takes long.
    i think you must have braod band; i dont.
    well, i dont know what to tell you about India. what would you like to know?
    k.
    how many kids you have?
  6. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

i just saw you profile and saw you have two children. so question answered. But how do you do it?
    only someone who is ill and has children, knows what an incredible job it is to take care of two children , beeing ill with cfids and single!!!!!!!
    same here on my side of the ocean. But i have my ex, which helps me a lot.
    are your kids ok?
    mine is not, he has CFIDS too, and is currently mostly homeschooled.
    by for now

[This Message was Edited on 10/14/2006]
  7. deb20003

deb20003 New Member

karinaxx,

I'm a physiologist with a son with CFIDS, I listened to the first half tonight, but you were right to warn people that it was long. It didn't take too long to download, but I've been listening for quite a while and he just now took a break.

He's very interesting, but you should warn folks again that it's a VERY long talk.

After I listen to it all, I'll try to summarize it (if possible) and post back here.

Thanks again,

Deb
  8. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I don't know how I do it with 2 kids! they have to miss out on quite a few outings, and have learned that boredom is part of life (will build character when they are grown-ups). I save my energy so I am able to go out 2-3 times/week for their sake. I am not bedbound like some, but have a pretty bad case. I can't work, that would be the end for all of us.

Where in India do you live? Why did you move there? I could go on asking questions, but this will have to do!

Thanks for replying,,,LOL!

Lena
  9. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

i will answer to you a bit later.
    have to cook now.

deb, it is veryyyyyyy long, but incredible interesting.
    he seems so inteligent and has an incredible insight into our problems.
    great if you can sumarize this, i could not do it! My brain is to mashed.....
    karina
  10. deb20003

deb20003 New Member

Okay, I finally finished watching and part way through decided to take notes. 17 pages later and wow! I thought it would never end.

I'm still processing the information. Much of what he said made sense, but some needs to soak in before I try to figure it out.

Deb
  11. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

posted on another thread for you. now i see you found it again.
    i did not finish watching it, having some trouble with my computer.
    will be nice if you can summarize; if this is at all possible!
    ciou karina