Paul Newman grant helping us...show your support

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sydneysider, Nov 3, 2006.

1. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

Thought I'd like people to know that a grant fom the Newmans Own Foundation has been used to help send ME/CFS/FM information kits to doctors here in Sydney, Australia.

The ME/CFS Society of NSW is currently sending out thousands of information packs, which I believe contain written info, plus a DVD.

Volunteers from the Frenchs Forest Lions Club are helping to stuff envelopes. Also other volunteers, the majority of which are ill themselves, are helping with this massive project.

Almost 7,300 kits are being sent out.

I received this information from the ME/CFS Society's magazine, together with the DVD 'Uncovering Significant Patterns in M.E.' by Bruce Carruthers, which is supposed to be available at cost from www.MEsupportNorfolk.org.uk/media.....I have not been able to access this site,but maybe just a computer hiccup.

I was quite surprised when I heard about this massive project. I don't know why the Newman foudation has decided to help us, but it sure is nice that someone has noticed us for a change.

The Newman foundation has also been responsible for some donations to the FM branch of the Arthritis Foundation in Adelaide, Australia(I think mainly for research).

If anyone wants to give some words of encouragement, or encourage that the program be expanded, the address for the Newman's Own Foundation is www.newmansown.com.

There is a 'contact us' or a mail address is given.

[This Message was Edited on 11/05/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2006]
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Wow. Good for the Newman's Own Foundation! I hope these educate physicians about CFS/ME down under. And I hope the foundation sends them to doctors worldwide.

3. mezombie

mezombie Member

I think I'll be buying more of his products from now on!
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

His salad dressing s are great so let us support this great guy who does so ,much to help those who need it. He and his wife are wonderful.

Love Anne
  5. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

I DO hope that doctors bother to look at these kits. It seems to be a massive effort being put in by quite a few people
  6. mymichelina

mymichelina New Member

That is great! I hope this will encourage others.

hugs
  7. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

If anyone wants to give some words of encouragement, or encourage that the program be expanded, the address for the Newman's Own Foundation is www.newmansown.com.

There is a 'contact us' or a mail address.
  8. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

would be a good way to, show, how much we Need and can Appericate People who want to help us and our cause.

Who knows we may even get a Spokesperson, thanks to His efforts.

Theres Always Hope,
    thanks for letting us know about this.

Hugs,
    sharonk
  9. mezombie

mezombie Member

We need help so badly on so many fronts, we should definitely thank and encourage him!
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

11. tlayne

tlayne Member

Thank you for sharing this info, and I am contacting with a thank you to Newman's address! Hugs, Tam
  12. vel96

vel96 New Member

Thank you so much for ever needed wonderful support information!Thanks to the Newman's for thier support and everyone who supports us.This is really wonderful.I will post a thank-you on his site also.Yes, a spokesperson would be great to have!
    Vel
  13. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

14. Marta608

Marta608 Member

...for letting us know. This organization does great good in the world.

No address. Must have been removed.

Marta
  15. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Great news! I sent an e mail of appreciation.

You can find the site by just putting "Paul Newman" in the search window.
  16. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

The address was not on the top post, it was a few posts down.

I didn't think of puting the support part when I first posted.

I've added it to the top post now.

Thanks for everyones responces