Paulmac Britain's Got Talent

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Hi Paul

in case you missed it in the papers today, the opera singing guy has been classically trained and even been on a tv talent show before, he's pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and viewers are not too happy.

Well at least he's been found out. Have missed most of the shows but hope to catch it tonight.

What's going on with our weather, its freezing, I have my central heating on.

Hope you're well Paul.

2. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Did happen to see that in the papers this morning,but I wasn't too surprised.I think you'd have to have professional training to be able to sing like that.You'll probably find that many of the entrants who enter these shows have received professional coaching over the years.
    I also read somewhere that one of tonight's semi-finalists Tony Laf(the guy wno lost his brother to cancer & he now looks after his brother's 3 kids) appeared on X-factor previously & was booted off by Sharon Osborne.
    As long as they're good & entertaining I say good luck to them all.I still hope Paul Potts wins,I think he's been the best all week.
    I'm looking forward to tonight's show,just hope it is better than last night's show.I thought many of the acts were average.

Yep,the weather's been pretty poor here over the past few days Rosie,hope it clears up next week.Apart from that I'm doing not bad.

How'd the opera go last night Rosie,did you have a great time?Never been to an opera before,but would love to in future.

3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

the wee girl that does the musicals, she's trained as well, like you say, they have to be.

Opera was excellent, my first visit to the opera though always liked operas, loved the singing but it was visually really poor, the costumes were old and awful.....I think thats down to the Arts in Scotland not getting much funding.

Have central heating on too, its unbelievable.

Off to watch the finals - still havent heard that guy sing yet. Just heard wee Connie, she's wonderful, your guy up next.

What happened to the guy whose raising his nieces and nephew? I thought he'd be in the final. Do you think he was pushing for the sympathy vote too much, I thought he was brilliant and sincere.

Your guy was brilliant, lovely voice, think it will be between him and wee Connie.

[This Message was Edited on 06/17/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/17/2007]
  4. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Never actually watched the show last night as I was out watching the Spanish football in my local.
    Yep,I heard that Paul Potts won,the opera guy,but can't believe how well wee Connie can sing at the age of 6 without any sign of nerves,amazing.
    I think overall he was the most talented I saw all week & the first time I saw him in the auditions show it gave me goosebumps.It was so unexpected to see an amazing performance from him so he's been my favourite all week.
    The guy who's raising his brother's 3 kids(Tony Laf) was on Saturday night's semi-final & finished 3rd.It was between him & the Bar Wizards & for some strange reason the judges decided to back the Bar Wizards even though I felt Tony had the better act.
    I think that the judges were determined to put through a variety of acts rather than putting all singers through.
    Rosie,glad you enjoyed the opera,aside from the shabby visual aspect.
    Hope you're well,& maybe the weather will pick up this week.
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

yes I got the goosebumps with Paul too, he deserved to win.

Wee Connie was brilliant, no doubt Simon Cowell will have a CD released of her soon.

I didnt get the bar guys either, good enough but not what I like to watch.