Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Hi Paul

not seen you around for a wee while, you away abroad escaping our wonderful summer?????

2. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Not been abroad this year.Don't really travel that well anyway so stuck here with our miserable weather.Well at least it's not been as bad as with the floods in England,thats been pretty bad.
    Have been on the boards over the past few weeks,but just not as often.
    Hope you're well,have you any travel plans this year Rosie?
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

no, gave up on holidays a couple of years ago, like you don't have the energy, would spend as much time in hotel room as outside.

My husband is quite happy not to go anywhere at all so that makes it easy.

Would like to get through to Edinburgh when festival is on, even walking around streets and seeing the acts is good but haven't made it the past two years so we'll see.

The flooding down south has been terrible, imagine that happening to you......and I don't think enough has been done for these people at all.

Went to the town hall last week though to see 4 comedians, it was hilarious. The compere was the Reverend Obadiah Steppenwolf III - Glasgow boy with American South accent, totally outrageous but so funny - cant remember the other 3 guys but they were all excellent. One couple sat with faces like fizz because of the language etc., then after half an hour got up and left - we were all round tables like in a comedy club. I was glad they left as I was paying as much attention to their sour faces as to the show.

Blethering away here.

Hope we get an Indian summer Paul.

[This Message was Edited on 08/04/2007]
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Can you have an Indian summer in Scottland?

Speak up, young man. Don't be lurkin' about. Your cheery presence is needed here.

Rock Raburn (a good Scottish name)

5. paulmack

paulmack New Member

The Edinburgh Festival sounds amazing,but as yet have never visited it.It would mean a whole day away from the house & i don't know if my body is up to it at the moment.
    The show at the town hall sounded like a right laugh.Anything comical,rude or not,is right up my street,lol.I try not to get too hung up about language because these days you hear it on every street corner,so it doesn't really offend me,unless it's aggressive or in your face.
    An Indian Summer sounds good Rosie,I think the forecast is for better weather in the next few days.
    Hope you manage to get to the Festival,the atmosphere must be amazing just walking around Edinburgh at this time of the year.When I see the Military Tattoo on TV just outside the Castle it always makes my hairs stand on end,amazing.