Pay Pal problems....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

anyone out there who uses pay pal and now is starting to have problems with overdraft fees with their bank. Of course pay pal says it is the bank's problem and the bank says is it Pay pal's problem.

We should not be overdrawn!!!

Any suggestions?

2. liz73

liz73 New Member

hi, my husband and i had a similar problem with pay pal a few months ago! We called pay pal and spoke to them, and they of course denied it in our case also, saying it was our bank, and it was not, so we went down to our bank, got a letter from them, saying the account balance and so forth, and then e-mailed the letter to pay pal. We finally got some answers, and they refunded the overdraft fees and such, but it took a couple weeks to straighten out, and also we had to be very persistent!! If we had of just let them figure it out in there sweet time, they never would of done anything!! Oh, and make sure u get the names of the people you talk to, because they like to say well who said that, and want details. I kept a log of people names, dates, and a description of the conversation so they could not confuse me.

Hope this helps, and good luck with all.

3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

He did get the bank to reverse 2 of the 3 overdraft charges, but pay pal says he still owes them $ 20.00.

We did find out that pay pal was recently sold and lots of other people are having the same time of problems.

Husb will now use a different acct other than pay pal in the future. Frustrating--GRRRRR
  4. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I've used them for years without incident and feel secure with the service they provide, shielding your credit card from vendors. Like anything else, mistakes can be made I guess; it's how they rectify it (and in a timely fashion) that counts.