PCP wants me to see a Cardiologist...I am scared

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swimmer71, Apr 13, 2006.

1. swimmer71

swimmer71 New Member

I will get a call tomorrow to go over the details, but...

After she reviewed the results from my sleep study, she wants me to see a cardiologist. I am kind of scared...need to know more info.

I read about cardiologists and fibro related messages on the board and it seems the visit will entail an echocardiogram and possibly a CPAP mask.

Is the cardiologist going to tell me I do not have long to live? Is there a medication they will want to put me on? I am on Klonopin (25 mg twice a day) and maybe they will wnat me off of it unless they give me a CPAP?

Is my heart doing something in my sleep that it does not do during the day? Or, did the sleep study find something that is present all the time?

I am sorry for posting a message to the board without all the info. I will post back tomorrow or after I finally get it.

Right now, I am scared and unsure where this DD is going to take me next. On the plus side, I swam 2,000 yards straight last night (at a slow pace) and am trying my best to stay active. I have some facial and headache pain (my main complaints) and deal with leg and shoulder tightness every now and then. The symptoms started with high stress 4 years ago.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me...

Swimmer
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

try not to worry, if there is something it is probably minor otherwise they would have rushed you to emergency.

Many of us have mitro valve prolapse and other heart issues.it can cause irregular heartbeat.

Some med's can also cause irregular heartbeat, they probably just want to make sure everything is o.K.

take care,

claudia