PCR DNA Done by Throat Swab?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnnetteP, Aug 18, 2005.

1. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

It's been three and a half years since I had a PCR test done by blood (used the NJ lab). I'm seeing a new dr., which my insurance actually pays for (a dr. who uses bio-identical hormones, at that). While he's not quite the same as my integrative dr., he's willing to perform another PCR on me, as a follow-up to check on the state of my infection. He told the nurse to call the lab they use to see if they perform this. She put the call on speaker phone and I heard the entire thing. She was told that they do perform it using throat swabs that must be frozen.

I admit I've not kept up with the latest in PCR DNA testing, so I decided to search online. I can't seem to find any mention of this being a new testing method. So, can someone enlighten me and save me the effort of further searching? lol

Why am I using another dr.? Because my insurance didn't cover my integrative dr. and my income has dropped in half. However, I've managed to stay well, using the tools my former dr. gave me. :) The new dr. is very thorough and for just my co-pay of $40 I got an hour visit/exam, including a breast exam and a pelvic exam. One stop shopping. Plus, he specializes in bio-identical hormones (something I had already been taking and needed a new Rx for). He suspects I have metabolic syndrome, too...of course I could have told him that since I diagnosed myself with it years ago. lol And, everything else I've diagnosed myself with has been confirmed..including Lupus.

TIA,
    Annette
  2. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

for enlightenment for Annette
  3. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

Still need an answer