Pelvic Pain and Burning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willwork4shoes, Dec 13, 2005.

1. willwork4shoes

willwork4shoes New Member

This is a new 'symptom' for me. My entire pelvic area is in massive and burning. Is it FMS or IBS? Am 45, have had yearly pelvic exam - all was well.

Any ideas/advice? I don't know how much longer I can deal with this. Don't even have an idea of how to relieve it.

Thanks for any help!

Shoes
  2. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

bumping for others
  3. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I would research Interstitial Cystitis as well. Pain was my number one symptom. I also had to go to the bathroom a lot! It could be other things if it's just pain, like cysts or endo.
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

sounds like what I experience too.
    It could be IC,...although I do have Endometriosis,and have alot of female organ troubles. Including ovarian cysts.
    Do you notice these symptoms get worse around your monthly?
    Many things don't show up on a pelvic exam.

I have alot of stuff going on with me and nothing ever was shown during a pelvic exam.
    An ultrasound is a good start to rule out gyno problems.
    Then I'd suggest a urologist~

Hope your better soon~
    Try warmth of some sort on your lower belly.
    It helps :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  5. LBH895

LBH895 New Member

It could be one of many things. You need to see your physician and start with a urinalysis. Good luck.
  6. evie9513

evie9513 New Member

i also have rectal pain at the time my pelvic pain starts.
    sitting on a heating pad helps.
  7. tejanya

tejanya New Member

i have the same thing at differing times. like if i wear pants and am already tender. or when "our time together" is real fun.then afterwards, the next day, i hurt. i use uristat or pyridium to coat and relax the uretha and it does help. sometimes i wonder if the fun is worth the pain later. but with fibro don't we have pain anyway. that is married or not, with kids or not. i am now 50 and this has affected me for 6 years now. glad i figured out what was causing the pain. you should have seen the look on my doc's face when he asked me to explain why i needed the pyridium. it was sympathy, i think, for my hubby.
    good luck and don't forget we all are here for ya. even is you just need a nonsense moment. they help too!!!!!
  8. willwork4shoes

willwork4shoes New Member

As always, the support I receive here is INVALUABLE!!! Kisses and hugs to all.
    I never considered IC - I will definitely bring it up to my doc(s). In answer to tandy: that was the main thing that was confusing me: I always have really bad pain the two weeks before my period - but this would have been totally out of that time frame.

Once again, thanks and hugs to all.

Will