Pelvic Pain and Burning

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willwork4shoes, Dec 13, 2005.

1. willwork4shoes

willwork4shoes New Member

This is a new 'symptom' for me. My entire pelvic area is in massive and burning. Is it FMS or IBS? Am 45, have had yearly pelvic exam - all was well.

Any ideas/advice? I don't know how much longer I can deal with this. Don't even have an idea of how to relieve it.

Thanks for any help!

2. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

bumping for others

LISALOO New Member

I would research Interstitial Cystitis as well. Pain was my number one symptom. I also had to go to the bathroom a lot! It could be other things if it's just pain, like cysts or endo.
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

sounds like what I experience too.
    It could be IC,...although I do have Endometriosis,and have alot of female organ troubles. Including ovarian cysts.
    Do you notice these symptoms get worse around your monthly?
    Many things don't show up on a pelvic exam.

I have alot of stuff going on with me and nothing ever was shown during a pelvic exam.
    An ultrasound is a good start to rule out gyno problems.
    Then I'd suggest a urologist~

Hope your better soon~
    Try warmth of some sort on your lower belly.
    It helps :)
  5. LBH895

LBH895 New Member

It could be one of many things. You need to see your physician and start with a urinalysis. Good luck.
  6. evie9513

evie9513 New Member

i also have rectal pain at the time my pelvic pain starts.
    sitting on a heating pad helps.
  7. tejanya

tejanya New Member

i have the same thing at differing times. like if i wear pants and am already tender. or when "our time together" is real fun.then afterwards, the next day, i hurt. i use uristat or pyridium to coat and relax the uretha and it does help. sometimes i wonder if the fun is worth the pain later. but with fibro don't we have pain anyway. that is married or not, with kids or not. i am now 50 and this has affected me for 6 years now. glad i figured out what was causing the pain. you should have seen the look on my doc's face when he asked me to explain why i needed the pyridium. it was sympathy, i think, for my hubby.
    good luck and don't forget we all are here for ya. even is you just need a nonsense moment. they help too!!!!!
  8. willwork4shoes

willwork4shoes New Member

As always, the support I receive here is INVALUABLE!!! Kisses and hugs to all.
    I never considered IC - I will definitely bring it up to my doc(s). In answer to tandy: that was the main thing that was confusing me: I always have really bad pain the two weeks before my period - but this would have been totally out of that time frame.

Once again, thanks and hugs to all.

[ advertisement ]