People are so rude

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

Our friends/ family are retiring from a business that they have ran for over 8 years.

It is a lake store where they sell bait and fishing supplies they also sell snack like candy, hips, sodas, ice cream and snowcones, then on the 4th of july they sell nachos, corn dogs, hot dogs, as well as sandwiches.

Well My husband and I help out on the weekends and especially on the 4th of july.

It is very hard on all of us because not only do I have fibro, but so does the lake wardens wife and his daughter then also her daughter has all of the symptoms, and that is not counting that we all have other medical problems and the lake warden has shingles and has had them for at least one month so we are all too sick to work there anymore.

Well most people ask why he is retiring which doesn't bother us but there was a woman that came in today and asked why he was retiring and I told her that my health was bad and most everyone else had health problems.

Well she looked at me like I was crazy and said what's wrong with you?

Well that made my sister in-law mad and she jumped in and started telling this woman the problems I have and the problems everyone else has.

Then the woman turns around and says well I am surprised I haven't seen you at Good Shephard (A hospital in town) she said she works there, then I told her I was surprised she hadn't seen me either because I have had a hysterectomy there and have been in the hostpial there several times.

Well that shut her up.

The nerve of some people!

Pamela
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i commend you on how much you have been ble to do....
    read my bio...my next surgery more than likely will be a hysterectomey...i have had shingles last year...not fun at all...

sorry for the uncalled for ignorant comment...

hugs to you

jodie
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Pamela:
    People can be so off the mark. Sometimes I wonder why explanations to these people have to be made. Very often they act like they have never been sick a day in their life.

Fibromyalgia is terrible enough, but the stigma that goes with it can be just as bad. People just do not understand it and take no time to.

Ignorance is bliss, you know?

nyrofan