People outside the U.S.: Any thoughts/ experiences on Valcyte?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lichu3, May 2, 2007.

1. Lichu3

Lichu3 New Member

Hi, all,

So far it looks like most of the posters on Valcyte have been confined to the U.S. If you are outside the U.S., can you comment on what the view of Valcyte is in your country and whether you/ anyone you've heard is planning or have tried it? Thanks.
  2. Lichu3

Lichu3 New Member

For CFS folks, it's an antiviral which is generating a lot of interest as one of the doctors at Stanford was able to treat some patients safely with it and get them from 5-15% functioning to 70-95%. It's been used for treating CMV/ HHV-6 virus infections in organ transplant/ HIV patients and HHV-6 has been thought to be a cause of some cases of CFS for the last two decades.

It's available in Canada as a couple posters here have bought their Valcyte from Canada.

3. clerty

clerty New Member

but I stay in Singapore I dont think it had been approved here yet then again I might be wrong but I would love to try it given the chance I spoke to my Rehum doc regarding this AV he is very interested and asked me to give him some information he is willing to try all options

Clertyx
  4. Lichu3

Lichu3 New Member

Places to refer your rheumie to:

1. Google 'HHV-6 Foundation'

2. www dot vicd dot info

3. Google 'Wisconsin' and 'HHV-6'

I think a key consideration may be whether you can get accurate HHV-6 testing as the Valcyte helps to inhibit HHV-6 replication.
  5. SpiroSpero

SpiroSpero New Member

Hi,

Valcyte is available here but unfortunately I have low antititres against EBV/HHV6. I know someone who has high antititres against lots of viruses from the Herpes Family except HHV6 and he is treated with Valcyte. The health insurance pays for it but as far as I know he has no improvement (8 weeks now).
  6. Lichu3

Lichu3 New Member

I'm bumping for more replies.