PEOPLE TALK TO ME LIKE IM A NUT CASE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vnr27, Sep 16, 2003.

1. vnr27

vnr27 New Member

you know it really bothers me when my close family say u really should see a shrink everyday u have a different pain what do u have to get panic attacks keep busy u wont think about it oh my god they think im a nut i really do have these pains i have 6 kids a 5 bedroom house i have a lot to do do people think i like to sit with a heating pad on or neck and shoulder pains so bad i think im dying i had 6 kids naturally never took a pill in my life ,anyway just curious does anyone make u feel this way maybe i am nut, val
  2. tjlibby

tjlibby New Member

Val-
    Six kids would drive anyone crazy. I see a therapist.It helps to get your feelings out. I used to have panic attacks
    your family thinks you are ok because you look good. I hate my dad telling everyone that i am doing good. Teri
  3. vnr27

vnr27 New Member

oct 14 closelt i could get i just want people to know i dont make up my pain its REAl,val
  4. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

Hang in there and keep your appointment. No it is not in your head. You keep looking until you get some sort of a diagnosis. It takes a while sometimes, but once you find out your problem, you can get on the right track of some sort of treatment. Sometimes family and friends can be worse for your self esteem than doctors and strangers. Sometimes it takes a lot of hard work on your part to make them understand. Good luck to you
    tlc8858
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I bumped up a post titled 'My family doesn't understand.' There were many replies and this tends to be problem for most of us.....

Check it out, and maybe print it for your family!

Hugs,

Kim
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

No, you are not a nut. These pains are very, very real. It is hard enough having FM but people really make it enough harder by their insensitive comments. THe thing about Fm is too the pain moves around a lot. My knees and legs were killing me a few weeks ago, now its my neck and shoulders. It just never stops. Something new is always popping up. Did you see the post on 50 symptoms of Fm. Print that out and show your family. People don`t realize all the things involved with this disease. It affects your whole body.

Gosh, you have 6 kids. That`s amazing. I have three. They wear me out,I don`t know how you do it.

God bless you,
    Sandyz
  7. jofla

jofla New Member

Yes my doc used to make me feel that way until I got a different doc. I totally understand how you feel. I am sorry that you are having to go through all of this on top of all of the pain that you have been having lately. You are not nuts, and you truely are in pain. Nobody would make up this pain, why would we it is awful!!!!!! And I understand about the panic attacks too. For me when one starts coming on and I havent taken a xanax there is nothing that I can do that will keep my mind off of it until the xanax kicks in and by that time I am so exhausted all I want to do is sleep. Hang in there Val, you have friends here who understand. But I know its gotta be tough with it coming from your family.

Take Care

Jo
  8. kimkane

kimkane New Member

PLEASE READ "MY FAMILY DOESN'T UNDERSTAND" PRINT IT OUT. WE GAVE OUR IN-PUT TO HER FAMILY. CAUSE WE UNDERSTAND AND LOVE HER. I WILL BUMP IT UP FOR YOU. XO KIMK
  9. vnr27

vnr27 New Member

i guess every one on the board has been to docs like mine and has family members that r the same i just was feeling frusted i hate feeling sick ive always been indenpent thanks guys ,i pray we all feel like our old selfs i really do thanxs so much love to all,val
  10. fibrotigger

fibrotigger New Member

I think the only way I convinced my family that what I had was real was by printing out everything I could find that explained what fibro is and giving it to them to read. My husband goes to every dr. appt. with me, so he knows what's going on and doesn't doubt when I say I hurt. In fact, he's often my best advocate at the dr. as he has an unbiased view of what's going on with me. The more involved I could get my family and in-laws, the more they understood. Stand your ground, you are not crazy!

Gentle hugs,
    fibrotigger

[ advertisement ]