people who are not sick

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Mar 11, 2006.

1. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I know first hand the frustration of people putting you down cause you are sick.What I don;t understand is why if somone had cancer or is paralyzed people dont make hurtfull commnents?I mean honestly what do people think?I was so relieved when hubbys illness had a name,I thought great finally people will believe him guess what? It made no difference Now wuth me getting sick my work people are even meaner Like we are crazy or faking or I don't know.I will telll them {only we they ask]About the numbness in hips and nt being able to walk in the morning and they just look at me like I am stupid.SO Don't ask stupid if all you are doing is making fun of me and talking behinde my back. Anyone else have stories about rude people? Ruthie
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

But you know people with mental illness have always been treated badly too. I could add tall people, fat people, very thin people, bald people.

There is always some person who thinks it is OK to put you down and I always try and forgive them as I think what goes around comes around.

I cannot tell you the incredible cruelty my autistic son has endured from kids in school and even teachers. Right now he is in the rec room (nearly 12) playing with his autistic friend(nearly 18) piling up coins and having their little action figures play a game.

I think they are so happy with one another, you know where it says, Blessed are the pure in heart......

I am sorry people treat you badly, be good to yourself and others.

Love Anne C
  3. dolfenn43

dolfenn43 New Member

BUMP PLEASE
  4. dolfenn43

dolfenn43 New Member

MY BOSS ISNT SICK. HE DOESNT BELIEVE IN FIBRO BUT HELL TURN AROUND AND TELL ME THAT HE DOESNT DENIGH MY PAIN. HUH. I HAD POATED ON THIS AND READ IT AFTER I WROTE IT AND NOW ITS GONE. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO IT.
    ANYWAY I WAS UPSET AT MY BOSS. IM A MEDICAL ASSISTANT AND HAVE WORKED WITH HIM SINCE HE STARTED UP HIS PRACTICE 3 PLUS YRS AGO. I WAS HAVING COMPLAINTS FROM THE 20 SOMETHING GIRLS I WORK WITH RE; MY WORK PACE. I KNOW IM NOT THE SAME PERSON I USED TO BE AND THAT IS A VERY HARD THING TO DEAL WITH. I WAS A VERY SHARP AND MULTI TASK PERSON. NOW IM NOT MULTI TASK AND VERY FORGETFUL. MY BOSS ASKED ME WHAT HE COULD DO TO HELP. I FINALLY TOLD HIM OF MY FIBRO. I WAS AFRAID HED BE THE PHYSICIAN THAT THOUGHT FIBRO WAS FOR SOMEONE THAT HAD MULTIPLE COMPLAINTS WITH NO DIAGNOSIS TO BACK UP. WELL I WAS RIGHT. I TOLD HIM IT WOULD HELP IF I COULD WORK A 4 DAY WEEK. HE SAID HED MAKE IT HAPPEN. GOOD IT HELPED. LATTER ON THE BUSIER WE GOT THE MORE 5 DAY WORK WEEKS I WORKED FOR WHATEVER REASON. FIANLLY GOT A NOTE FROM MY DOCTOR, CUZ I WAS AT MY BREAKING POINT. WITH NOTHG LEFT OF ME WHEN I WASNT AT WORK EXCEPT MY BED. I JUST COULDNT DO IT ANYMORE. WELL HE WAS MAD I GOT THE NOTE. SAID HE WASNT GOING TO FIRE ME BUT ME HAVING THE 4 DAY WEEK WOULD CAUSE A HUGE MORAL PROBLEM WITH THE STAFF. IM SO DEPRESSED OVER THIS. I FEEL IM NOT WORTHY OF HIS SUPPORT DUE TO THE FACT THAT IM AN "ok" EMPLOYEE. NOT WORTH THE GREIF HE SAID HES GOING TO GET FROM THE 20 SOMETHING STAFF. I TOLD HIM ID BE GLAD TO GIVE THEM MY HEALTH AND TAKE THEIR 5 DAY WORK WEEK.
    ANYWAY IF ANYBODIES MORAL IS DOWN ITS MINE.......... I JUST WANT TO QIUT BUT I CANT NEED THE MONEY. I WANT TO APPLY FOR DISABILITY BUT TO WORRIED ABOUT HOW LONG ID BE WITHOUT INCOME.
    THANKS FOR LETTING ME EXPRESS MY FEELINGS.
    ANYBODY WITH THE SAME KIND OF ISSUES?
    DOLFENN