people who are not sick

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Mar 11, 2006.

1. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I know first hand the frustration of people putting you down cause you are sick.What I don;t understand is why if somone had cancer or is paralyzed people dont make hurtfull commnents?I mean honestly what do people think?I was so relieved when hubbys illness had a name,I thought great finally people will believe him guess what? It made no difference Now wuth me getting sick my work people are even meaner Like we are crazy or faking or I don't know.I will telll them {only we they ask]About the numbness in hips and nt being able to walk in the morning and they just look at me like I am stupid.SO Don't ask stupid if all you are doing is making fun of me and talking behinde my back. Anyone else have stories about rude people? Ruthie
  2. dolfenn43

dolfenn43 New Member

I CAN RELATE. MY BOSS, WHO IS A PHYSICIAN, A DERMATOLOGIST.I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH HIM FOR 3 YRS. SINCE HE OPENED HIS PRACTICE. THE LAST 18 MO. IVE WORKED WAY BEYOND MY CAPABILITY. BASICALLY GIVING 100% AT WORK WITH NOTHING LEFT FOR MY FAMILY. IVE SPOKE WITH HIM RE MY FIBRO. HES ONETHAT THINKS ITS A DIAGONOSIS FOR COMPLAINERS. BUT TURNS AROUND AND SAYS HE CANT DENIY THE PAIN I FEEL. I HAD TO GET A NOTE FROM MY DOCTOR SAYING I WASNT ABLE TO WORK 5 DAYS A WEEK. 4 DAYS IS MAX. HE SAID THAT HIM GIVING ME THE 4 DAY WORK WEEK WILL CAUSE A HUGE MORAL PROBLEM WITH THE STAFF. I GUESS THEM THINKING IM GETTING FAVORS. I TOLD HIM ILL TAKE THERE HEALTH AND THEY CAN HAVE MY 4 DAY WORK WEEK. I KNOW HE DOES NOT GET IT, HE THINKS I MANIPULATED THE DOCTOR INTO A NOTE FOR ME TO WORK 4 DAYS. I CANT BELIEVE HOW SHOLLOW HE IS. I THINK HE HASNT A CLUE WHAT IT TAKES FOR ME TO SHOW UP AT WORK ON MY BAD DAYS. THEN I HAVE THESE YOUNG 20 SOMETHING YR OLD GIRLS THAT COMPLAIN TO THE BOSS WHEN IM NOT 100% I DONT REALIZE IT WHEN IM SNAPY OR NOT VERY WILLING TO BE THE "team player" WHEN MY PAIN IS AT A 8. SORRY FOR RAMBELING ON.
    I KNOW I REALLY NEED TO JUST QUIT AND FILE FOR DISABILIT. BUT IM WORRIED ABOUT LOOSING MY INCOME WHILE GOING THROUGH THE LONG PROCESS.
    DOLFENN