People with CFS does this happen to you?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teller7, May 31, 2006.

1. teller7

teller7 New Member

I'm sure I've asked this before but I'm curious. I have been crashed for the past 3 out of 4 weeks. It's like the stomach flu. Chills, terrible sweats, diarhea, weakness so very bad. I stayed in bed for 3 days last week too weak to eat or move. But my temp has always been below 98.6. There's been alot of stress in our family for the past few months and I'm thinking maybe the stress caused this. What do you all think? Even the medicine the dr gave me for the diarhea and nausea didn't work. Over 4 years of this is about enough. I know there are those of you out there who have put up with this for alot longer than I have. Is this all we have to look forward to? A dr told me once that the good news about this DD is it won't kill you and the bad news is it won't kill you.
    Carol
  2. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Sounds like you may have Wilson's syndrome...also called Wilson's temperature syndrome....
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

My temp is always below normal....if it reads normal I am sickish...and slightly feverish.

I have been this way maybe most of my life. Drs. and nurses has told me many times that many peoples normals are below normal. I know others this way also.

It does sound like you should have more tests though/ Yes I go through all.......but it concerns me that meds for Diarhea and nasusea is not helping you. Susan
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

So sorry you are feeling so bad..When I crash I have the above symptoms but no diarhea. Instead I have sinus, allergy and weird head feeling problems...Plus Anxiety..

Never run a normal temp. mine is always around 96 or 97..I have had my thyroid checked, its ok..Even when I am not in a crash I have the chills when I lie down to take a nap or go to bed..Have had many test and no known cause..

Hope you get to feeling better soon..Yes, I think stress is a big factor in crashes...

God Bless,
    greatgran
  5. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

But goodness knows, I am no doctor and not trying to diagnose you. I am sorry you feel so horrible though. I do know what you mean about the weird, low temp though.

I never have a temp when I am sick anymore because mine stays so low to begin with. This has to have something to do with the autonomic system, I would think. I sure hope you feel better soon.
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Well, see, this is one of our greatest challenges; that is, to know when we're sick-sick.

While many of your symptoms are similar to CFS, I'd guess you've got something else going on. The good news: it's probably curable! ;>)

I'd get back with the doctor.

Hugs,

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 06/01/2006]
  7. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I have CFS and have similar problems. I began my relapse maybe about a month and a half ago. It's been up and down since then, mostly down though. I get stomach problems (nausea, diarrhea, etc), bad migraines, chills, low-grade fever, achiness, severe weakness and fatigue, low blood pressure, slow heart rate, etc. It's awful, and some days I can barely get off the couch. If I didn't have a 5-year old to take care of, I'd stay in bed all day. But, thankfully, he keeps me up and about, even if it's just going to the park for a little while.

But, to answer your question, yes I know how you are feeling. The worst is when I feel like that and my temperature is normal, because then I feel like I'm just going crazy. The last couple of days I've had no fever (yay!), but I still feel just as bad as I do when I have the fever. My normal temp is between 97 to 98, and it was running between 99 and 100 everyday. So, maybe I'm on my way back into sweet remission? I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Gentle healing hugs,
    <3<3 Kim <3<3
  8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Carol - I had flu-like symptoms for about 5 weeks this past winter, and I've been fighting something very similar the past couple of weeks, it seems non-ending, with other bouts of illness in between. Hvae been very week, some diarrhea, night sweats, etc.

I saw a chirorpractor yesterday who does muscle tesitng and he said I have heavy metal toxicity. He's given me a few supplements to chelate the metals out of my body but I am a little afraid because I did something similar 3 or 4 years ago and it was quite rough.

He also wanted me to buy a homeopathic remedy he has which he said is very effective and makes everything go much faster. Unfortunately it costs $85 (on top of his visit and the other supplemnets) But he swore by it and I'm seroiusly thinking of buying it. So much money down the drain!

Anyways your symptoms are similar to mine. ANd if heavy metal toxicity is the reason I've been sick so much, it would explain why I never get better, why I can't get over it as with a regular illness.

So I'm going to give the supplelemnts a try. I'm also going to try activated charcoal to see if it can help flush the toxins out of my body. What do I have to lose but more money? (lol)

I hope you feel better soon, I know how it is to go on and on and on without getting better --

Mary
  9. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

One more thing - I just found this on this website today, it appears that cilantro is supposed to help detox heavy metals. For what it's worth, here it is:

DETOX HEAVY METAL RECIPE

Coriander Chelation Pesto

4 cloves garlic
    1/3 cup brazil nuts (selenium)
    1/3 sunflower seeds (cysteine)
    1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (zinc, magnesium)
    2 cups packed fresh coriander (cilantro,/Chinese parsley) (vitamin A)
    2/3 cup flaxseed oil or Udo's Choice
    4 tablespoons lemon juice (vit C)
    2 tsp dulse powder (or shredded dulse) Japanese miso or tamari

Process the coriander and oil in a blender until the coriander is chopped. Add the garlic nuts and seeds, dulse and lemon juices and mix until the mixture is finely blended into a paste. Add a squirt of miso or tamari to taste and blend again. Store in dark glass jars if possible. It freezes well so get hold of coriander in season and fill enough jars to last through the year.

Coriander has been shown to chelate toxic metals from the body in a relatively short time. Combined with the benefits of the other ingredients, this recipe is a powerful tissue cleanser. Two teaspoons of this pesto daily for three weeks is purportedly enough to increase the urinary excretion of mercury, lead and aluminium thus effectively removing these toxic metals from our bodies. This cleanse could be done at least annually. The paste is delicious on toast, baked potatoes, pasta, etc.

If you are too tired to make this then simply take two tbspns of fresh coriander leaf each day. This will bind with mercury and carry it out of the system. There has been a lot of research done on this herb, proving that it is a very powerful detoxifier. In the summer time coriander can be grown easily. Just plant the seeds (buy an ounce from the health store or supermarket) just under the surface of the ground or in a pot and it will grow and you will have a ready supply. Keep nipping out the flowers as they arrive