People With MS and People With ME

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jasminetee, Jun 4, 2009.

1. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

From time to time I peruse some MS message boards and I have found that they run into many ignorant doctors who don't believe they're ill with MS or anything else significant and disabling. They have the same complaints we do that they aren't listened to, that people in their lives don't treat them right, and that they're often not believed. Many of them also have FMS.

It's common for them to go to 5 doctors before they receive a diagnosis and for many of them the diagnosis isn't even definite. It doesn't matter if they have spinal taps or many lesions on their brains either.

What does this mean for us? Their illness is more accepted and more recognized, right? For most of them, treatments don't seem to help much either.

Let's just say we get our dream-come-true and ME is finally given the status that MS has. Will anything really change for us?

2. Pennygirl2

Pennygirl2 New Member

Hi Teej. I talked to you last night. We both had the flu. That is so sad that people with MS are getting the same treatment we are. The whole medical system is so ###%$54 you know. I have a CFS Awareness and Fibromyalgia bracelet and I wear them both for awareness and to remind me I am a survivor. that is just how I look at it. Lots of people don't like the bracelets. I am living through this DD DESPITE the doctors. How ironic and sickening. Thanks for the post.
  3. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

i mean, ppl are so focused on the name and the label but finding a cause or multiple causes and eventually solutions that do not just mean treating the symptoms is what we really need.

4. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Hi Pennygirl it was a lot of fun chatting last night. I hope you feel better. My flu has cleared up for the most.

Isis, I hope and pray that we can find some solutions that really help most if not all of us. My money's currently on the Whittemore/Peterson Institute.