Pepper - Got The Detox Foot Pads

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pianowoman, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I got the foot pads last week. It's probably a little early to know how well they are working as I've only used them 3 nights so far. It's great fun,though to see all the yucky stuff on them in the morning!! I keep reading positive testimonials about them so I'm going to continue.

I am beginning to feel better however and I expect it's combination of things. I started Synthroid about 3 months ago, I took some natural anti-virals and then Transfer Factor which I am still on, plus many months of detoxing. My Doc. thinks that the treatments may be starting to work. Yeah!! I am walking more and doing a little Yoga, things I wouldn't have even considered just a little while ago.

It will take a little longer before I believe I am truly improving but this is nice.

I hope things get better for you soon. Any news on the job front? Are you sleeping any better? I'm sending good thoughts and I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Kathy.
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

What footpads are you talking about????

Thanks,
    Victoria
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

These foot pads are Japanese made and contain wood vinegar, herbs and other things that are supposed to draw toxins from your body. You wear them on your feet overnight and you will see brownish/black wet stuff on them in the morning. This stuff had been tested and contains things lke mercury and PCBs. There are lots of testimonials to their effectiveness so I thought I would try.

You can search here and there is a little bit of info. There is lots on the Internet. There certainly is yucky stuff on the pads in the morning! I will see in time if they help but it beats a lot of other treatments.

Kathy.
  4. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I was intrigued so I purchased some too! I'm on day four, so I can't say anything yet. And yes, they were gross looking!
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so happy for you that things seem to finally be working. More and more I have come to believe that the solution to these DD's is finding the right combination of treatments for each of us as individuals. And of course what works for one......

Well, I have just ordered the detox foot pad and can't wait to start using them. I am hoping that it is one piece of the puzzle for me too.

I have major problems with detoxing and herxing so I hope that they do not make me feel much worse. I wonder if that happens in the short term. ???

I would be so happy to see that yucky stuff in the morning. You know that you just gotta feel better with that stuff coming out!

I broke a mercury-filled tooth last week - and swallowed it! - so it would be great if these pads cleared some of the amalgam out.

I have had a change in my sleeping meds and am sleeping a little better. Thank you for asking. I think I need a break from the Restoril so I am putting up with the short half-life of the Imovane until I feel that the Restoril will work for me again. I so wish that Lunesta was available in Canada.

No news on the job front yet. The election has postponed the hiring season but things should start moving soon. (Fingers, toes and eyes crossed.)

I started doing Yoga yesterday. Boy, I am really pathetic! I had no idea it was so hard. I did about 5 min. of a 20 min. tape. It is something that we should aspire to though since there are so many benefits.

I do appreciate the good thoughts being sent my way. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

It is wonderful to hear that your combination of treatments is (hopefully) the right one.

Thanks so much.
    Pepper

6. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'll be interested in your response to the foot pads. I know what you mean about the yoga; I've lost so much flexibility but we're trying!!

Lisaloo - let us know how you make out with the foot pads.I'm really hoping they will be helpful

Kathy.
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

kind of sounds like ear candles... we couldn't believe what we got out of my daughter's ears! It was filled to the top!

Is there a brand name in particular?

Thanks,
    Victoria
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

9. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I am in Canada and the only ones I have found here so far are by Netterumani and sold by a Vancouver company. Truthfully, I think if you search 'detox foot pads' you will find several USA sites that sell them at better prices.
    They look to be quite similar.

If you search the board for old posts, I think there are a couple of sites mentioned.

Kathy.
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

Thanks, I'll take a look; was just curious as to what you were using, and others.

Victoria