Pepper

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by caffey, Nov 17, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

This is response to your question about "claiming it".
    God has given us many promises in His Word. We use these promises for different situations. Some people use the phrases, claim it, receive it, stand on it. For example God has said He will supply all our needs. So if I have a need I say Lord I stand on Your Word or claim Your Word that You will supply all my needs. I guess another way of saying it is " this is what You have said and I am holding You to it. I guess it is also like reminding God of His promises. Again you if you tell your kids if they eat their dinner you will give them ice cream and they do it and they come to you and say you said I could have ice cream and I want it. I have percoset in me right now. I hope that makes sense. If it doesn't let me know and I will try again. Another thing that goes with that when we are in a situation the first thing we have to do is get a promise from God and hang onto to it like a lifeline and remind Him of His promise. I also know of some people who have literally put their Bible on the floor and stood on it and quoted a promise. Hope that helps. If not let me know. Sorry for babbling. If you need to know some promises let me know. Thanks for your question. The only stupid questions are the ones that aren't asked. One final thought. Sometimes people will say they claim it. They mean that they are agreeing with what you have said. There is great power in the prayer of agreement. OK I am done, I think.
    Cath
    [This Message was Edited on 11/17/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/17/2006]
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

for replying to my question. I knew that there was something about "claiming it" in the Bible but I am only learning these things.

I get it now and appreciate that you took your time and energy to answer even though you needed Percocet. I hope that you are feeling better.

(((HUGS)))Pepper