PEPPER

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by caffey, Nov 30, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

Hi Judy: Heard the weather this morning and heard our rain is headed your way as freezing rain or snow. Of course if you believe everything ctv says we would never go anywhere lol. How are you doing? I am thinking of you this morning and am headed for my recliner to pray for you all after kitty gets her treats. She is already wailing.lol. Has your hubby seen a doc. yet? How are you feeling? I know this weather is awful. Pity party starts after lunch at my place.lol. Please take care and know that I love and care about you and if there is anything I can do please let me know. Talk to you soon.
    Love ya
    Cath
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

I haven't been on the board since Wed. a.m. and think that I have about one post's worth of energy today. I woke up Wed. a.m. feeling like I'd been hit by a truck - that would be a Mack Truck. Exhaustion and pain off the charts. It is finally easing up today.

Yes, your rain is now freezing rain out my window. The driving is treacherous and I have to go to physio this afternoon. I am dreading the drive. Luckily it isn't far.

I will join your pity party when I get back.

My DH finally saw our GP yesterday got his Cipralex doubled. Yay! Now I just have to wait for it to kick in.

I hope that you will keep me and my DH in your prayers. That is the best that anyone can do for us now. I so want him to get that job in January!

Are you feeling any better? Are you sleeping yet? Any let-up in the pain?

I had to do Prayer Night last night from bed, trying to remember who to pray for because I couldn't sit up at the computer. I certainly remembered you and hopefully everybody else too but told God to read the list and I was praying for them all. lol

Have to get ready to face this miserable weather. I hope that you have a good afternoon, pity party and all.
    Love, Judy

3. caffey

caffey New Member

I took some morphine and slept and missed the pity party.lol. I went to physio yesterday in the miserable weather yesterday. I can't afford not to go. My physio stretches me out and gives me some temporary relief. I was praying about your flare and your hubby seeing the doc and him getting a job this am. I find I have to write my prayers out it is the only way I can focus. I am so happy to hear that he finally saw the doc. Thank you God. How long until it kicks in. You have a lot of us here praying for you and who care about you. We don't need to know details. God knows and that is enough. My verses of comfort today are Romans 8:26-27. I hope they will help you today. I understand about not having energy so just know that I am concerned about you even when you don't have energy to respond. I know you will when you feel better. They doubled my prednisone. I hate that drug. Then they gave me short acting morphine for breakthrough pain. The prednisone is starting to kick in and I am a little better except my feet and ankles are burning. When I flare like this my hands are so sore and swollen I keep dropping things. I dropped a can of tuna at lunch surprised kitty didn't devour it lol. Friends of mine in Toronto want me to go and stay with them till things settle down. I have a whack of appts. next week so it isn't practical. Anyways like you I am lying low but I just wanted to check up on some of you. Seems like everyone is feeling lousy. Take care. Am praying for you and my stuffed cat sends a hug. I also am sending you gentle gentle hugs.
    Talk soon.
    Love ya
    Cath
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

You'll just have to reschedule that pity party. I missed it too, stuck in the freezing rain. Picture this, me sitting outside my physiotherapist's office with the defroster and defogger going full blast. I got out once to try and scrape the windows but I got so covered with freezing rain that I got right back in the car and stayed there until the stuff all melted off the windows. What a wimp I am! But I figured if the car could do all the work, why should I get soaked and frozen. However, it did take an awfully long time.

My nerves were frazzled by the time I got home. I bet we have a lot more of this kind of weather again this winter. It is time to buy the ice cleats that I didn't buy last week because of the price. I don't want to fall!

My DH reacted very quickly to the meds when he first started so I should notice a change in him in the next day or two. However, his brother's surgery is Thursday so that may affect things. God has been trying to teach me patience for the last few years. Enough already!

Prednisone and morphine :-(. Good grief, Cath. But if they help...

Continuing to pray for you. I usually print out the prayer thread but I couldn't even do that yesterday. What a difference a day makes. I managed to get to physio today despite the weather. It has made a huge difference in my quality of life too. I have found a wonderfully kind and brilliant young physiotherapist who is very involved in his parish's activities.

When I explained that I am always in "fight or flight" and that is why I overreact physically and emotionally to so many things, he asked me if I had ever heard of "fight, flight or faith". Can't say that I have ever heard it put that way but it is something to think about.

Praying for you, Cath.
    Love, Judy

[This Message was Edited on 12/01/2006]
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

That is so neat about your hubbby. It was a thrill to be able to cross that off the stickie post on my monitor. Sorry you had such a crappy day yesterday. Hope today is better for you. Hang in there. God is in the middle of this. Even though we don't understand it. This is one of those awful times where you are hanging on by your fingernails and you know you will get through it and that there are wonderful people here to love you and support you through this. Please remind me of the brother in laws surgery as it gets closer. Thanks. Feeling miserable again today so I am just finishing here and then my tea and percoset are headed to be before my son arrives this afternoon. Take care and we'll talk soon.
    Cath
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

I am having another rough day today. I am going to have to insist that my GP order an MRI of my back. My CFS doc won't order it because he doesn't want to step on my GP's toes but he told me that I should have one. The pain is off the charts and I don't have any pain meds except Valium and it isn't helping any more.

So do we have to cancel the pity party again today? If the past is any indication, trying to get two sick people to go to the same place at the same time is always a challenge.

Praying for you as always.
    Love, Judy
  7. caffey

caffey New Member

Judy: I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. Why won't they give you any pain meds? That is so cruel. I know how much pain I am in and I have meds so you must be off the wall. I will definetely be praying for relief of your pain. I am meeting Nancy for a chat in an hr. so if you don't mind I'll tell her so she can keep praying. She is such a sweetheart. You take care and I will also pray that you get the care that you deserve. You are loved, thought of and prayed for. Remember I am sitting here like Job's buddies with my arms very gently around you crying with you. You are not alone. Do you have a favorite worship cd that helps you relax? Take care and we'll talk when you feel better which I hope is really soon. When I take my pain meds in a couple of hrs. I will ask God to share it with you. He can do anything eh?
    Remember if you want to babble let me know.
    Love ya
    Cath
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

The truth is until recently pain was not my biggest problem - complete exhaustion was. I was always in pain but except for occasional major bouts, it has been manageable with Valium. That all changed in the last year. I was dx with DDD and have been going for physio which has helped but it is not enough.

My physio is only treating my lower back but now the major pain has spread to my upper back. A minor shoulder problem is getting worse and has spread to my elbow and wrist. I don't know why this is happening or even if it is FM-related. Maybe it is something entirely different - which is why I need an MRI.

I was told by a friend that, unless I am willing to drive to Kingston, I will probably have to wait 6-8 mo for an MRI. So I guess I will go to Kingston. There is at least a 2 yr waiting list for the only pain management clinic in this city.

My doctors are not willing to give me major pain meds for more than 10 days. I was on Leritine once when I had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance because my back seized. They gave me 10 pills which I doled out one per day and I had the best 10 days since I got sick. My doctors would not give me any more. I asked if I could just take one a week so I would know that I could have one good day a week and they said no. I am sure they have their reasons but now it is a quality of life issue and I do need to do something.

Our great Canadian Health Care System. :-(

Going to lie down in the recliner again with heat on my various pain spots. Thank you for being there for me, Cath. I am keeping you in my prayers.

Love, Judy
  9. caffey

caffey New Member

I am sitting here crying as I read this. That is so unfair. It only took me 2 weeks to get into the pain clinic in Brampton.It is the best thing that ever happened to me. I wish you could get here and I would set up an appointment for you. I can't believe that a city the size of Ottawa only has one pain clinic. Do you have a rheumatologist or somebody else you can see. I guess switching docs in really hard to do. What would happen if you went through emerg or an urgent care clinic? I wish I could give you some of my pills but then that is illegal. I really don't know what to do. I want to drive up there and raise the roof. I am so sorry for you. If there is anything I can do please let me know. I could probably get you an appointment for the pain clinic but then you would probably have to keep coming back for a while till they got it sorted out. I am going to pray into this. There has to be an answer. Do the a535 rubs etc. help? I also have ddd so I know how painful it can be. Can you take over the counter anti inflamatories. adivil or ibrufen etc.? Like I sy I will pray into this and do some thinking and get back to you. I was praying for you this morning. I am off to 2 appts. so I'll get back to you later today. Try and hang in. Love ya, sending you a gentle hug and crying with you.
    Love ya
    Cath
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

and for the prayers. I don't know what I am going to do about this. Believe it or not, there are no family doctors taking new patients in this city. My GP moved to an Appletree Clinic and it is terrible. When I call they ask me how to spell my last name and if I have ever been there before. I have been seeing this guy since 1983!!!

But I won't dare leave him because there is NO ONE else. Almost everyone I know does not have a family doctor. They go to walk-in clinics and hope for treatment there.

We used to have a really good pain doctor in the city but she had to change specialties because she was overwhelmed. So that leaves us with a few doctors who drop into the pain clinic.

I had a massage today and the therapist told me that I have myofascial pain in my shoulder. It is only a guess but she is pretty sure from the trigger points she massaged on my back. I am not sure what this means but I will have to find out. She does not massage my lower back at all because it cripples me.

I am very frustrated and in a lot of pain today. I would appreciate any prayers that you say for me, Cath.

I have been to 2 rheumies who told me that I did not have Fibromyalgia. One even told me that I should go back to work! All I did was stare at her in disbelief. She saw me for 10 min and decided that I should go back to work after my GP, Dr. Anil Jain (the big CFS guy) and my own CFS doctor all dx me with CFS/FM and I was approved for CPP and LTD. Needless to say I don't have a high opinion of the rheumies around here.

Emergency would refer me to my family doctor. That is all they have done in the past. Except for one time when they admitted me. That was quite an experience. Since I have your ear, I will tell you. I might as well vent.

In March, 2000, I threw my back out. I was standing at the kitchen table and just turned slightly and my back seized up. It took me 30 min., screaming, to get to the couch 2 feet away with my kids supporting me. My friend called my CFS doc who called in a prescription for Flexeril and my kids picked it up for me. It did nothing.

I sort of perched on the couch all day, afraid to eat or drink anything so I wouldn't have to get up to go to the bathroom! Eventually we had to call an ambulance and they had to get me on a stretcher, screaming the entire time.

I was in the ER for hours where they kept giving me dose after dose of Demerol telling me that it would kill any pain. It didn't. They also told me that it would knock me out. It didn't. So they wanted to send me home! My hubby refused to take me home until something was done. So they admitted me.

Eventually I had to go to the bathroom and I managed to get to the one off my room by hanging onto 2 nurses. I didn't sleep all night and the doctor came by on rounds in the morning with his med students and told me that since I had been able to go to the bathroom, I should go home. Luckily my hubby was there and he told him in no uncertain terms that I was not going home until someone did something about the pain.

That is when he prescribed the Leritine and I got relief. But look at the fighting we had to do to get it. And my doctors refuse to prescribe it for me.

I am amazed that things are so different in Brampton. You got in to the pain clinic in 2 weeks?? I thought that this awful medical system was throughout this province. I am going to have to figure out something though.

I am taking Advil. What I would really like is Naproxen. My doctor prescibed that for me when I was in so much pain with the DDD this summer. Good stuff. But I have a tricky liver and he doesn't like me to take any more meds since I am already on thyroid meds, BP meds and sleeping meds. My poor liver is not happy!

Aren't we a fine pair? Was this the pity party? LOL

I am finished whining now.

Have you had any relief, Cath? I am praying for you. Have you been able to get any sleep?

I am comforted to know that you are praying so hard for me.
    Thank you so much for being there.
    Love, Judy