Pepper

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by caffey, Dec 28, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

How are surviving the invasion of the in-laws? Hope you had a good Christmas. Just checking in on you. You are loved and not forgotten. Still sitting, Finished the cheesecake. My son brought over with some leftover tirasumi. Never had it before. Was soaked in some kind of booze. I don't drink. WOW!! what a dessert. I meant to ask you. I hope you are not offended but I am curious. The other day you prayed to St. Anthony for me. I appreciate that so much. I am not Catholic so what does that mean? Like I say I hope you don't mind me asking. It was sweet of you to do that for me.
    Love ya
    Cath
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

Of course I don't mind you asking! When I think about it objectively, I suppose it might seem strange to people who didn't grow up learning about all the saints. My DIL is not Catholic either so I often have to tell her what this all means.

It seems that our saints all have their "specialties". :) For example, when my life seemed so out of control in September, I prayed to St. Jude because he is the Patron Saint of Hopeless Causes. And I sure felt that my cause was hopeless!

St. Anthony, for some reason, helps us find things. All my life, if anything went missing, everyone stopped and prayed to St. Anthony to help us find it. He almost always does.

I remember when I was a little girl, my mom lost a $20 bill. That was a lot of money in the 50's and we didn't have much. Mom looked through her wallet and asked us to look there and everywhere she could think of. It was nowhere to be found and she was in tears.

Then she had us all stop and pray to St. Anthony. We started the hunt again and there was the $20 bill in her wallet. That sort of thing has happened over and over again in our lives but I will never forget that first time when the bill just "appeared".

Love, Judy