Pepper

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by caffey, Jan 1, 2007.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

Happy New Year Judy:

How are you doing? Did you survive the invasion of the in-laws? Thinking and praying for you and still sitting here beside you. Now I am into chinese food. Want some? Nancy and I were just talking and were wondering what is happening about that job for your husband in Jan.?

Remember you are not forgotten. God has you in the palm of His hand.
    Love ya
    Cath and Nancy
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

They are all gone! It was actually a wonderful week but I am totally exhausted. I spent the day sitting outside - no jacket! I don't remember this ever happening here in January but it did today. It was gorgeous and so relaxing.

It will probably take me a week to recover from all the talking and visiting of the past week. But it was good and I am feeling proud that I got through it all.

I hope I can be back on the board regularly now and keep in touch with everyone here. I thought of you all but did not have the energy to sit up at the computer. Vist, talk and crash was my routine most of the past week. I am glad that things will be back to "normal" now.

How have you been feeling, Cath? How was your Christmas?

Let me know how you are doing. Thinking of you.
    Love, Judy
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

Hi Judy: Good to hear that things are going pretty well for you. I am sitting here with my windows open. This is incredible. I don't think I have had my winter coat on yet.

I have been delayed with the Humira. They called me just before Christmas and told me I had to stop the Kineret immediately and be off it for 2 weeks before I can start the Humira. They expected me to flare AGAIN!! so they told me to immediately up the prednisone AGAIN!!! and go higher if I flared. Well Dec. 22 it happened. I am so miserable. I am supposed to start the Humira this Fri. Jan.5 and then titre down the prednisone. It will take anywhere from 4 weeks to 6 months to see results. My anklse and feet are still so sore. I can hardly walk. I have an incessant headache. Almost like a migraine. My dad and step mom made it to Florida for 3 months. He is failing fast. I will be surprised if they last that long. He is saying his good byes. It is awful. Anyways you don't need to hear that. I am praying for you and that your hubby gets that job. It is time for something good to happen to you. Take care.
    Love ya
    Cath
    [This Message was Edited on 01/02/2007]
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so sorry about your pain. I will continue to pray for you, dear friend. This sounds so complicated, having to put you in flares in order to help you. I don't get it.

I hope that things improve for you soon.

And then there is your dad. Has he been sick for long? It is so sad to say good-bye to someone you love. I will pray for him, you and your stepmom. What a hard time for you.

Love, Judy
  5. caffey

caffey New Member

Hi Judy: Thanks for your concern about my dad. He was diagnosed with Alzheimers 11/2 years ago. He is really deteriorating fast. 2 People have told me they wonder if he is sicker than he is telling us. Oh well what can you do. I just have to take it a day at a time. These drugs are so expensive that you have to meet certain criteria to qualify.You are terrific. Praying for you.
    Love ya
    Cath
    [This Message was Edited on 01/03/2007]
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

that I am thinking of you, Cath, and keep you in my prayers every day.

I am so sorry about your dad. I am watching a family member deal with a recent dx of Alzheimer's right now and it is quite a struggle for everyone concerned. I will keep him and your family in my prayers too.

Love, Judy