Pepper

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Apr 20, 2007.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I miss seeing your posts. How are you doing? I continue to pray for you and your husband. I hope you are feeling somewhat better and are able to stay up longer.

I feel the wind has been knocked out of my sails this week but I have to keep picking myself up and moving forward. God is really showing me that faith has nothing to do with feelings. Man, I have felt pretty beaten up lately but I am still hanging on to the Lord and I guess that is what faith is all about.

I am hoping for a respite for both of us in all of these trials. Take care and know I am still prayin, prayin, prayin.

Love,
    Nancy
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

I am thinking of you and praying for you and your situation several times every day.

I have been extremely exhausted lately and can't sit up for long at the computer so I read a bit and then go back to bed.

We did Easter dinner for our family this year. Actually DH did Easter dinner with a little help from me and I remained upright through the whole thing. That was my challenge! I am thankful that he is finally trained in the Turkey Dinner department because I just can't do it any more.

Having people over, even just family, just wipes me right out. I have been exhausted ever since.

On top of that there have been two more deaths in my DH's extended family. I guess this is to be expected in a big family in our 50's and up. One BIL's brother died the Wed. before Easter. He was 60 and had a massive heart attack on the golf course in Florida. He died right there. It was a good way for him to go but was a shock for the family. I didn't know him well but my DH did and that made another wake and funeral to attend even though I was exhausted.

Then last Thursday another BIL's brother passed away. He was older and died sitting in his recliner watching TV. A dream death but again a terrible shock for the family. I did know this fellow better and have to go to the wake tomorrow and the funeral on Tues.

My DH's family has been flying in from out west and were invited (by you-know-who!) to a BBQ at our house today. I have spent most of the last week in bed, unable to take a bath or get dressed some days, watching stupid TV. I even had to cancel my cleaning lady because I was too tired to get ready for her!

So, needless to say, I was not thrilled about having 12 people for dinner tonight. So I told him "You invited them, you do it all. I can't." I have never done this before but I had no choice. So he did it all and it was fine. The family was making little jabs at how pampered I am with DH doing all the work but that's okay. They have no idea how hard it was for me just to sit there and be pleasant.

My DH has a couple of "irons in the fire" re a job. He is cultivating a relationship that may lead to something. Then there is the sales job that he has been working on. He has a meeting about that this week to see how to get going now that the training is done. Please pray that one - or both! - of these jobs work out. They would be much better than the freelancing stuff he is doing now.

Am I remembering correctly that your commitment to retire has been straightened out? I have sat here so long jabbering away that I have used up my energy and have to go to bed.

I will check tomorrow. Keeping you in my prayers. I bet you have your eye on that last day of school!

Love, Judy
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so glad that the magnesium has been helpful for you, tigress. :)

I have been praying for Jerry, Pam, and will continue to do so until his recovery is complete. I know what you mean about the stairs. I just dragged myself out of bed (at 11:30 a.m.!) and am hesitating about going downstairs because I know that I will just have to come back up again at some point. However, I am hungry!

I cannot imagine having to look after someone after surgery. I hope that it doesn't take too big a toll on you.

Love, Pepper
  4. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am wolfing down my salad as I sit here during my lunch break. I just work out of my office so I can keep my head above water.

Boy it just seems like there is one thing after another. I sure hope for both of us that we will have a long stretch of peace and calm. That has to come one of these days.

One of my uncles died last week and one of my aunts is now in the hospital with congestive heart failure. The aunt is my mom's sister and we are close to her.

The uncle that died was my mom's BIL and his wife (my mom's sister)died many years ago.

I am feeling under tremendous pressure now. I have a concert tomorrow and my retirement situation has not been settled yet. I am feeling ignored and I am not happy about that. I have sent some prodding emails today to the parties that have to discuss whether I can get this waiver
    regarding my birthday. It is so maddening. The deadline to apply for these perks for retirement is May 1. Talk about being up in the air regarding your whole future and knowing it is in the hand's of people who truly don't care one way or another is not a very comforting thought. It is in the Lord's hands and I just have to believe that if I don't get to have these perks that there is a reason that I don't know about.

I continue to pray for you. I thought your hubby was already doing the sales job full time but I must be wrong on that. Two prospects sounds good. Things will work out but what I am finding is that it may not be the way you had intended. My most difficult times in my life in the past where it looked like God had deserted me He was laying plans for victory that I couldn't see from my perspective. That is where the faith comes in no matter what the cirucumstances look like. That is where our faith is tested. Remember our feelings have nothing to do with our faith. Sometimes just putting that one foot in front of the other and saying Lord I don't feel like it but I am moving out in faith, either close the door or let me walk through it.

I will continue to pray. I sure hope you get more strength after this stressful period is over.

Love
    Nancy
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

seems like a dream to me. I hope that it happens soon for both of us.

I am so sorry that your retirement situation has not been resolved yet. It would be best to "Let go and let God" but I am the first one to recognize how difficult that is. Ultimately He is in charge anyways so in my head I know that it does make sense. But the rest of me wants some control!

My hubby is still doing his part time freelance work. He has done the training for this sales job which could prove to be very lucrative if it works out. It is not at all what either of us had in mind for him but we were willing to accept it if that is what God's plans are. It would mean working evenings and weekends and no benefits but if it pays well, that's okay now.

After he finished the training, he paid to be part of a trade show, using his friendly smile and charm to get potential customers to their booth. It turned out that all the names of these potential customers were divided among the people who had paid to be part of the show. He thought that he would be given the names of the people that he spoke to but that is not what happened.

He ended up getting zero good leads from that show, not one real potential customer. The person in charge of the show and his wife got several good leads. Hmmm.

When he signed on with this company, he was told that they would generate leads for him. It turns out that the company is growing very quickly and it is having growing pains. He is expected to generate his own leads now and he just cannot do that. He cannot approach friends and family to buy. I don't blame him.

He has a meeting on Thursday with the guy who started the company. Please pray that something gets straightened out for him. If the guy stands firm on my hubby having to generate his own leads, that will be the end of that job.

The other job is still a good potential though. He is working on that one slowly by getting to know someone who can help him. It would be wonderful if he could get that job and hopefully it would even be 9-5! He has never had one before and it would be a real treat for us. Imagine knowing your hours of work ahead of time! As it is now, he calls in the morning to see if there are any jobs available. He may have one or two or three or an all day job - or none. He never knows. Sometimes he is told at 12 noon that there is something at 12:30 downtown. So he has to get going right away. It is a terrible way to live. And of course if he doesn't work, he doesn't get paid. No holidays, no sick leave, no benefits (except from his pension).

"Remember our feelings have nothing to do with our faith. Sometimes just putting that one foot in front of the other and saying Lord I don't feel like it but I am moving out in faith, either close the door or let me walk through it." I know that you have said that on here before and I am trying to remember that and live it.

Thanks for your support, Nancy.
    Love, Judy
    [This Message was Edited on 04/23/2007]
  6. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I will pray for this situation with the job. Sounds like a raw deal that he got at the trade show. This 9-5 sounds great. I will really pray into that.

I have been on an emotional roller coaster today. I found out from my union president and the head of HR that I could not get a waiver on my birthday. I was pretty bummed but the good news is I am having a meeting with both of them on Wed. This came out of the blue. I think maybe the head of HR realized that I had not been treated very kindly in this whole affair.

After reading and rereading their emails to me I think that I possibly might be able to retire in four years with some perks. It is all following all of their legalities and deadlines etc. I was more encouraged when I realized that possibility. This whole deal is extremeley complicated and I thought I was sort of intelligent. LOL

With this new possiblity I would not have to sign on the dotted line until May 1 of next year which for my situation and not knowing how my body is going to go long term without treatment is a good thing. This signing is legally binding and if I backed out it would be a huge penalty. Ugh. Not a good thought.

Yes, lets dream of peace and tranquility. I am going to bed now. Maybe I will get some tonight. LOL

I have a concert tomorrow so could use some prayer concerning that. I have really been scrambling to get the kids ready after missing a week of school after spring break. It will be fine, I keep telling myself.

Love,
    Nancy
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

I have been praying for your concert and for your meeting today. Just wondering how both went.

Love, Judy