Peptide Injections Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Feb 12, 2011.

1. 49fiori

49fiori Member

Are you sure about this? I can contact Oxford University and they will tell me the names of the doctors who administrate these injections? I am not really sure about this. I think these injections have nothing to do with Oxford University. Let me know please. Thanks.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I can only tell you what my doc has told me. Isn't it worth a shot, no pun intended.

Love, Mikie
  3. 49fiori

49fiori Member

Are you still using them and are they helping you? I got my allergy injection SAM-AL and I immediately felt better, I am now going for my 4th, but they seem to last about 3 weeks and then again my allergy kicks in.

Do you know where the specimen is manufactured? Do you know how to the doctors in America are selling it if it is not FDA approved?

Thanks Mikie!
  4. 49fiori

49fiori Member

Also, please who is your doctor? Can you share his details? Thanks!
  5. Hello, I am new in this forum. I live in Fort lauderdale, Florida. I have been trying to find peptides therapy to treat different pathologies, specially the autoimmune and degenerative ones, here in the US for a long time now but I can't find anything. My father has been working with peptones with a high concentration of peptides for more than 40 years back in Argentina. They have been very successful treating all kind of pathologies back home. Some doctors even go from Mexico to get these products to treat their patients. There are a few labs in my country, being my dad's lab one of them. I am very surprised that this kind of therapy is known very little here in the USA. I am very glad I found this forum and realize that actually people use this kind of therapy (Complementary Medicine, designation back home) I never heard of the application of peptides through injection , but I found it very interesting reading this forum. Has anyone tried this therapy in the form of capsules? if so, could you share?

Best Regards

Fernando
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The peptide sera is made in England at the lab used by Oxford University. It doesn't need refrigeration and is shipped to my doc, Dr. David Gomeringer, 1-239-768-5544. He is located in Fort Myers, FL. There are only about 25 docs in the U.S. who do the peptide injections. The FDA has approved them but insurance doesn't pay for them. The FDA insists that they be called, "Amino Acid Solution Injections." Providers must use this in lieu of peptide injections.

Each person is different. The injections helped a lot for quite a while but I've been in a bit of a remission lately. I got one booster shot but could use another. If I could afford it, I'd get them regularly and, I believe, I would feel much, much better. The older a person, and the longer that person has been ill, the more injections it takes to get rid of the symptoms. The injections are not a cure but, if the symptoms are gone, it's the next best thing. There are no apparent side effects of the injections.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  7. Binkyboo

Binkyboo Member

I had my first shot 2 1/2 weeks ago with Dr. Gomeringer and experienced some issues. Has anyone else had intense muscle cramping after the first injection, especially so with the legs and feet? Also, were there any of you that experienced a butterfly flush on their face the next day? I feel like I am experiencing continuous growing pains in my feet and legs. It's so uncomfortable! :eek:
    evamamacita likes this.
  8. evamamacita

evamamacita Member

Hello I am new here, but I have been coping with RA for 24 years, since I was 14!!! I am so interested in the peptide therapy, I've read a lot of the older post, Mikies especially and I'm so excited. Is it still helping you Mikie? Wasn't sure what u meant by remission? I can't believe this, is available in the US, I was planning to go to Mexico! Pinch me if I'm dreaming, is this too good to be true?:)
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Everyone,

Binky, I'm so sorry about the side effects. The minute they tell you there are none, there is always one or two people who prove that wrong. I hope these side effects will go away and you will feel better.

Eva, I am soooo sorry; I meant to say "relapse" instead of remission. I've been in a really stressful situation and that isn't helping me. I believe the peptide injections continue to help me but, every now and then, I try to get a "booster" injection if I feel myself slipping backward. We are all different and the effectiveness of these injections differs from patient to patient.

Good luck to everyone who is trying this treatment.

Love, Mikie
    evamamacita likes this.
  10. RitaF

RitaF Member

Dear, dear Mikie, You keep keeping on for which I am very thankful. I know all too well that we "ain't like we used to be." I am back, maybe, for at least this question:

Does anyone have a list of Drs. who do peptide therapy in the U. S. and where they are located?

I had some experience w/ a clinic in Houston in 2013 but don't know their present status.
    evamamacita likes this.
  11. RitaF

RitaF Member

SIDE EFFECTS - I was once told that side effects are good in that they show that SOMETHING is happening. The worst response is no change. Feeling something new means something, maybe?
  12. evamamacita

evamamacita Member

Hey wanted to let you all know I found another Dr who does the Amino Acid Injections, Dr Wichman at Advanced Rejuvination Institute in Georgia, they're # is 770-232-7883, website is advancedrejuvinationinstitute
    I do not know specifics on their individual process or which amino they use, will let you all know more when I find out! I'm looking for a Dr as close to Asheville North Carolina to do the Amino acid injections, so please share any helpful info you all might have of Drs doing this!
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Rita and Everyone,

Seems that these docs don't even have a list of the other docs doing the injections. A few may know one another from their travels to Europe to symposiums on the injections. It's really too bad but I understand that they feel they must keep a low profile to keep the govt. from interfering in their work. Also, they worry about protecting the formulae for the injections. I think it took a lot of research to come up with just the right sequences of peptides to make the sera.

I've been in a bit of a relapse and don't think just a booster will do it for me. I may have to bite the bullet and get a series of the injections for several months. The longer one has been ill, and the sicker one is, seems to determine just how well the injections work. A young person who just got sick may not even have to stay on the injections for a year. One injection seemed to clear up my doc's teenage daughter's allergies.

Good luck in finding docs. If you find one but he or she is not in the area you want, it might be worth a call to see whether that doc knows one in the right area. I still don't think there is a list but I know the ones doing these injections know one or two others who do. May take a bit of sleuthing. Good luck.

Love, Mikie