Peptide Injections Pass the Husband Test

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Feb 11, 2012.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have been trying to gather data but info is hard to find. Mostly I have gone on Mikie's experience, but have found a couple of other testimonials besides Dr. Dakos's web site. I talked to my husband about it this morning and he agreed right away to pay for the shots.

He even said that if it helped me, it would be worth $300 a month even on a continuous basis even though I think that would be too much money. I am waiting to see how Mikie gets on but of course I am very encouraged so far. Since he agreed right away I might see about getting an appointment with the doc in Va Beach sometime soon.

All of this answers a question for me. As crazy as it might sound I often wonder if I have "made friends" with my condition. I can't really explain what I mean, but some will know what I mean. I think it is more a case of being afraid to say I feel good in case it turns on me and I then have to change my status.

The thought of being "healed" is a relief to me and really gives me hope. I am ready to kick my fibro to the curb!! We ARE NOT friends! LOL Praying for Mikie to continue to improve and for this to work for, not only me, but for many many of us.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/11/2012]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I also had a soul-searching period because I've been sick so long. Do I dare believe a cure is possible? What if it doesn't work? What if it does work? I've been sick so long that I don't know if I know how to be healthy? Change and possibility of failure are scary things. Even scarier, though, is to contemplate going through life only living half a life. I was OK with FMS and CFIDS/ME and could have lived with these conditions. That is, until the Sjogren's came along and knocked my feet out from under me.

It's a leap of faith, not to mention the money. I didn't think about the $3,600 I would likely end up paying. I thought about the $900 for three shots after which they would know if it would work. After the first shot, we knew it would work. It worked right from day one and has kept on working. It works better on some symptoms than others; they may take more time. It has helped everything but my exhaustion comes and goes. When it's gone, it's like I've never been sick. I look forward to feeling like this all the time.

I pray the shots work for you too. Just go into it not expecting everything to be cured overnight but do keep a journal each day after the first one. It may wear off before the second one, depending on how many receptors your body has. You may have some Herx-like purging, depending on whether you have infections hiding out or toxins in your system. As we heal, all kinds of things can happen.

Your hubby is a keeper.

Love, Mikie
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm so happy for you! What a kind husband you have.

No, I don't think we're friends with these DD. I don't think anyone would willingly choose the hell of FM or CFS, the half-life (if even that much) it leaves you.

Keep us posted -

Best wishes,

4. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

That is EXACTLY what I am talking about! Do I know how to be well? What will I talk about? I know it might sound crazy to some and I WANT to get well; it's just been with me so long it' s sort of my new norm in a weird way.

Today I didn't have to take any pain meds before work. I was ecstatic. Tonight fixing dinner I felt a twinge and thought, oh there you are. It's sort of like a bad boyfriend that keeps coming back, if he stayed away, great, if he comes back, well he's been here before and life goes on, you deal with it and keep on moving along,loser in tow!

5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Not yet. I found a doc in VA but have not contacted them yet. I am waiting a bit to see how Mikie is after her next. I told my husband about it and he is all for it. As for the no pain meds, I was just commenting on the "making friends" post. :) Hope that clears it up.

6. kkneally

kkneally New Member

I have been diagnosed with advanced RA I was in extreme pain and unable to lift my arms. I couldn't sleep from the pain and was just waiting for it all to end. I finally broke down an saw a rheumatologist who put me on steroids and chemo. 3 weeks into it, the pain was just starting to subside. I was out at the local health food store and I ran into a woman who told me to go see Dr Dako (I live in Fort Myers, FL) I did and can't thank the fates enough for putting me in that store at that moment.
    I had to get off the methotrexate for 3 weeks before my first shot and the pain and lack of movement returned. My first shot was April 7th at 8 am. By 4 that afternoon, the pain was a faint memory and I could actually raise my arms.
    I'm am at day 5 and still pain free. $325.00 for this, well worth it
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I live in FM as well but see Dr. Dakos' partner, Dr. Gomeringer. The arthritis in my hands was gone for good the first night of the first injection. I'm so happy you are getting such great results. I don't believe in accidents or coincidences; you were meant to be there. Keep us updated.

Love, Mikie