Peptide Injections

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lea, Feb 8, 2012.

1. lea

lea Member

Is there any way to find doctors who do these in the US?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sure there is a list somewhere but I don't know who keeps it. If you e-mail Dr. Dakos at, he may know of someone. We have two docs down here in SW FL, one in the center of the state, and one in CA. Other than that, I don't know. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If you find it, and the website isn't selling anything, could you please post the online address? It would be so helpful for those still trying to find docs who do this. Thanks.

Love, Mikie
  4. lea

lea Member

5. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

I know of one in tx, if that will help you

6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I emailed Dr Dakos's office about a doc in VA and they emailed me back with the phone number of one in VA. They have answered me very quickly both times I have emailed so I would recommend that.
  7. AliSwan

AliSwan New Member

Where are you located? I get mine at the Born Clinic in Michigan. I was getting TH1 with no success. On it for three months. I am switching to the rheumatoid peptide, but I have to wait 2 more weeks. I don't have anything diagnosed. Just a slightly high rheumatoid factor and dsdna antibodies, but low. I also have hashimotos.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/12/2012]
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We will eventually get the names of docs as interest increases.

AliSwan, my doc tells me that the board spectrum shot I get should heal my thyroid and it has already healed my arthritis.

Love, Mikie
  9. AliSwan

AliSwan New Member

Mikie, I have been following your progress. So happy for you. I am leaning toward rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. Hoping I never get a diagnosis. I hope I haven't made a mistake in switching, but I felt nothing after 5 shots. I have great faith that the next one is the ticket. :)
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My doc stops at three shots if there is no improvement. Honestly, I was not expecting my arthritis to respond as I've heard it's the most difficult to heal with these shots. I think everything that ails me is immune or autoimmune and the one serum seems to do it. Prayer going up for you.

Love, Mikie
  11. deepak

deepak Member

I had written an email to Dr Dakos enquiring about treatment for FM/CFS and my mom's osteoarthritis - this is his reply

"Yes, we treat your condition as well as your mothers...Theres about a 90-96 success rate in our treatment.
    I can further discuss your treatment options , but I would need to see you as a consultation appointment.
    Thank you for your inquiring on our practice...
    The shots are about 10-12 injections every 3-4 weeks Cost of the shot are $325.00."

12. happygrl

happygrl New Member

Hi, I would be interested in the doc who is in central fl and who offers the peptide injections. Can you please provide me with the information?

13. halfacre2

halfacre2 New Member

I have RA and I had my first shot on Monday and I feel totally pain. The day of my shot I couldn't get out of bed without help, could not walk on my own or dress myself. Two hours after the injection I was able to get up and down and walk on my own. I have continued to improve and all of the swelling is gone by the third day. My next shot is on this Monday again then 3 weeks later. The goal is to reach 4 wks between injections. My doctor is in UT. I am very pleased with my results so far. Everyone reacts a little different. I wish you nothing but the best. Pain changes every aspect of your life and the only ones who understand are those who suffer with it fun!!! Better days are coming!!!

Blessings to all,
  14. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

I know there is an autoimmune clinic in Anchorage, but when I called to ask about the injections, I got no response. And my PCP here said it was "just another weirdo treatment". Meaning, he doesn't have a clue. Hopefully Atlanta or anywhere within a day's drive will offer a better option, but will definitely contact Dr. Dakos.
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know of no one in central FL doing this but Dr. Dakos might know. If there is no one, you might travel to Ft. Myers for your first one and let them send the serum to your own doc for the next four injections. Then you would likely travel back to Ft. Myers to see the doc here. This assums that the shots work for you. This might not be the exact protocol, but I know some people get their initial shot here and then get most of the rest of them from their own docs elsewhere.

Love, Mikie
  16. happygrl

happygrl New Member

My doc inquiry in central Fl was based on your response to Ann.....

"I'm sure there is a list somewhere but I don't know who keeps it. If you e-mail Dr. Dakos at, he may know of someone. We have two docs down here in SW FL, ONE IN THE CENTER OF THE STATE, and one in CA. Other than that, I don't know. Good luck."

Sorry if I misunderstood your response to her. I thought you meant there was one in central Fl when you said "center of the state". I emailed the doc and he did not know of any other, but did make the same suggestion as you regarding the first injection and then suggests i receive the others via mail and administer at home. Not sure if I would be very good at that...but might get a doc I see locally to administer. IDK how willing he would be to administer another docs protocol though. Do physicians do this?
    Thanks for your reply and help....Much appreciated

Success to You.....Happygrl
  17. lea

lea Member

Do you know if reg. md's would be willing to prescribe these meds/peptide injections?
    Where do we get a hold of peptide?
    thanks a lot
  18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is prescription for the peptide injections. The docs who do this have to be trained extensively. What most will do is see a patient and give the first injection. After that, they will allow the patient's personal doc to give more injections with a couple of visits in between. We have all had a difficult time finding a list of docs who are trained. My own doc travels to Oxford University for continuing education and to seminars all over the world. The docs who do this treatment are good docs with a lot of training in what ails us and in the peptide treatments. The first step would be to try to find a doc close to you who does this. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  19. ldwats101

ldwats101 New Member

The Dr in mid-state is Dr James Coy in LadyLake (the villages). I saw him today and have ordered my first 4 shots. They will take approx 4 weeks to arrive. The first 2 will cost $440 each and be given by him. The next by a nurse @ $376 each. Hope this helps.
    He will need to take extensive blood work to figure out what you need..then discuss which he will give you. I'm going for the broad spectrum first.
    I wish you well
  20. happygrl

happygrl New Member

Thanks for that doc confirmation. I did find his website a few days ago and thought he may be the one in central fl.
    I hope you get some awesome results with this. I have been researching as much as I can on peptides. There is some interesting stuff out there. Would like to try them but need to clear up another issue first.

Please keep us informed if you don't mind.

Happy Therapy to you....Happygrl:)