Percolating feeling

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybird1, Oct 7, 2002.

1. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

I've had a new "sensation" in the past few weeks and I'm
    wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
    Periodically during this feeling like my insides
    are bubbling like Alka Seltzer in warm water. It
    doesn't feel like gas. It's not a hot flash either.
    Sort of like a coffee maker percolating. Can't really describe it.
  2. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

I've had a new "sensation" in the past few weeks and I'm
    wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
    Periodically during this feeling like my insides
    are bubbling like Alka Seltzer in warm water. It
    doesn't feel like gas. It's not a hot flash either.
    Sort of like a coffee maker percolating. Can't really describe it.
  3. Honeybee

Honeybee New Member

Yes! I have the percolating bubbles too! I thought I was alone, and they feel so weird and quite disconcerting as well. Mine tend to start, from no apparent cause, on my left side and I can feel them break apart and split, forming smaller ones. I have described it to my gastro and he had no real explanations, what a surprise. Sometimes mine feel as though they expand to where they cause pain and seem to have formed one large bubble in my stomach/intestinal region, just pushing against the walls, until it "pops" like someone blowing a bubble with gum. Other times, they just pop and bubble down on the side, just causing some discomfort. Are these symptoms similar to what you are describing? What causes these darn things?! If you know or have figured out what seems to set your system to percolating, please let me know!
  4. dlizard

dlizard New Member

a jumpy feeling but yeah I think I have what you are talking about... mine seems like it could be a feeling related to "being nervous" but it happens like when I am quiet ie: going to bed sometimes... I also just get this feeling sometime. It feels related to being nervous but without the nervousnes in your consciousness,.. good luck!
  5. epicurean

epicurean New Member

I'm not the only one.I also seem to feel it more when I'm quiet or just going to sleep.Could it just be related to my GERD??