Period Makes it Worse!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SusanEU, Feb 14, 2006.

1. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I can't remember when I felt this horrid. Just sitting up long enough to post.

I am having an awful period. Pain everywhere, dizzy.

I'm still learning about this DD.

Is it always worse like this during period.

Sue in Ontario
  2. dorabella

dorabella New Member

Certainly seems to be worse at these times. My worst symptoms of FM flare up just before a period. Think this is pretty common for a lot of FMers.
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

So sorry you are having a rough time. I have had both FMS and endometriosis most of my life (I'm 47 now), I can certainly relate to how you are feeling. This topic has come up fairly often here and is unfortunately a problem for many of us.

I am lucky that not every period is bad for me, but many times I have more pain just before it starts.

Take care and I hope you are better soon.

Ellen
  4. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I have also had endometriosis, so I guess that doesn't help and I have missed the last couple, so probably menopause is kicking in too.

It helps to know that there is a reason that I'm worse and should be expecting some relief in a couple of days.

Warm thanks,

Sue in Ontario
  5. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hi Sue .. since I have had this DD my periods are awful .. and lately in the last couple of months I have no real break in the cycle .. I have a week or two in between and it starts all over again .. my GP says it could be my thyroid meds that we tried to adjust at my request .. wanting to go on a lower dose .. or it could be the low dose birth control I am on for hormone treatment .. what ever it is .. I am FEDUP TOO !
    So you aren't alone .. we seem to be hit with everything and anything possible.
    I hope you feel better soon !
    Fudge : )
  6. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

At 50 I'm still dealing with this.lol I'm so ready for them to STOP. One month I have one, the next month not, now one in only 3 weeks.lol
    Take care and know you're not alone. I alway feel worse too. I go by the moon-when it's full I start-if I'm going to have one than month. It's so nice when I skip a month :)
    Dee50
  7. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

If it is not the irrational PMS it is cramping that will double me up.
    I often wonder if my hightened sensetivity to muscle pain makes cramping seem worse.
    I find a hot bath with a glass of red wine helps me. Although I have not figured out how to stay in the bath all day!
    I hope you feel better soon,
    A
  8. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

which basically means hellishly painful periods w/ every PMS symptom in the book.

My periods are better though since I've been taking St. John's Wort. It's always touted as an a.d., but it is known to help w/ PMS and cramps, and general pain too.

Another thing I've really noticed is my periods are much easier when I have yeast down to a dull roar. The times when I've gotten it totally under control have been like going back to my pre-FM days when i barely got a twinge for my period.

Jeanne
  9. Jeanne-in-Canada

10. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I've been taking iron and Advil, doubled up the lorazepam to sleep, and feel a little better today. I haven't had a heavy and painful period like this in a while as I take low dose birth control which usually controls it.

I have to look into the yeast connection. Must have something to do with incessant craving I've had for the last several months for cake, bread, cookies, donuts, etc.

Sue in Ontario
  11. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

Ever since I went off my b.c. 7 months ago, every period that I have is horrific; a migraine everyday usually and bad bad cramping, that of course puts my fibro into a flare-up. One thing affects the next, you know. Even when I was on the b.c. the periods were bad, but at least I didn't have the horrific cramping that I now have. The b.c. controlled the awful cramping. These symptoms last from 7-10 days for my period, and it is like a nightmare, it truly is. I had to take 6 pain pills and 5mg migraine medicine yesterday because of this. We had been trying for a baby, but have had to put that on hold due to ovarian cyst problems/pain. When I was much younger and not on b.c. I can remember missing 2 days of school from bad cramping. I would just lay in the bed and shake and moan; it makes me wonder if I had cysts back then because the pain was so horrific. I hope you find something to soothe your pain. There just isn't anything fun about having a period when you have this disease. LOL Carla
  12. Jeanne-in-Canada

If the pill was helping so much, you must have a hormone deficiency. Quelle surprise, most of us w/ FM do. Since you have a problem w/ cysts, you probably have excess estrogen, or at the least estrogen toxicity. Many, many people w/ FM/CFS are helped w/ progesterone, or pregnenolone which is a kind of precurser hormone that often fills the gap for whatever hormone we are deficient in.

Jeanne