Periodic Limb Movement along with Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mms, Jan 15, 2003.

1. mms

mms New Member

Does anyone have restless legs or periodic limb movement along with Fobromyalgia? Has anyone tried Miripex for it?
    Please relate your experiences...Thanks!
  2. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Hi mms....yes, I had terrible Restless Leg syndrome, especially when I was on elavil. As a matter of fact, all limbs, trunk, and head were involved at times in movement, sometimes severly. I have since discontinued the elavil, and am now taking klonopin with wonderful results.
    Prior to my bedtime dose this evening, we watched a video. I know better to let them turn off the lights, and try to watch a movie. Too much, strobing and flickering. Soon, I was having neurological movement, twitching, and jerking. I put a klonopin under my tongue, and it didn't take long for this problem to be resolved.
    LL
  3. SharN

SharN New Member

See this little guy stomping his feet, that use to be me. When I went to bed my legs would start up and go spastic! It was every night and even in the day when I sat for very long. I was going nuts. And I've even had my arms and hands be restless. My Dr. put me on something I can not recall the name of it (I'm blank) but it's not what you mentioned, and it worked then after less than a year or so it stopped. I started on a really good multi vitamin and that has really helped. Someone here (can't recall) said it's probably the calcium and/or magnesium in it. I rarely have them now, but if I feel like I'm going to I take a muscle relaxer. Well, I've not been much help, but others will give you some good advise I'm sure. I hope you have a restful night, Shar N Ok