Periods of fatigue?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pwill, Oct 9, 2005.

1. pwill

pwill New Member

Hi! Hope everyone is having a pain free day. Does anyone have periods of extreme fatigue where you can't thing straight, all you do is sleep and your body aches like the flu? I do this maybe one a month or so and sometimes even fun a real low grad fever with it. During these times people tell me I am pale and look like I am sick. Is this the fibro or CFS or both? I guess I am trying to decide what symptoms are related to what ailment. What does it sound like to you?
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

pwill ... that is common I have found out by way of the messages posted on this board .. my last bout was over a month .. I'm now coming back to life a bit .. but it is scary when it is happening .. you wonder if you will ever feel better .. just be kind to yourself and get all the rest you need .. things will get better !
    Fudge : )
  3. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Sounds like either one to me.

I get bouts of overwhelming fatigue where I can hardly get out of bed. I've just gone through one of those episodes, and it's awful.

With the fever it sounds more like CFS. I was running one and when it broke it was like a regular flu... I was soaken wet from sweating.

Seems like I go through one of these episodes about once every 5 weeks or so lately. I'm on prednisone right now to try and stop the cycle. I've felt better since I've been on the prednisone and that's only since Friday. I've got my fingers crossed that it will help.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  4. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

3 days ago I increased my magnesium and on the second day I was feeling like my old self again. I still hurt and feel like someone took a baseball bat to my entire body but at least I am not sleepy all day long!
  5. MKlady

MKlady New Member

I've been going through tremendous cycles of fatigue, usually about three weeks long followed by about three weeks feeling better. After three weeks on FFC treatment, I've been feeling a bit better. However, I think I've brought on another fatigue spell.

I took my daughter apple picking yesterday up in our local mountains. Walked more than I have in months, felt good while doing it, and then came home and crashed. Stayed crashed today and don't have much hope for tomorrow either. I'm going to have to figure out how to pace myself I guess, or plan for recovery days afterward.

This is just too frustrating!
  6. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Good to have you on board here; you'll find a lot of support and not feel so all alone for sure.

I have FMS and CFS. I have been having extreme fatigue for quite a while now. It is hard to think straight and I've had to leave work early too much lately. However, unlike you, I look healthy (at least everyone tells me that). When I go into a CFS fatigue, I will perspire like mad on my head. Sometimes only 1/2 of my head will be affected. Also, I'll have the rash across the nose and cheeks that looks like the lupus. Also, I'll run a slight fever.

It's hard to tell which is flaring or causing the problem. What my doc has told me is that the latest thinking now is that FMS and CFS are really the same, just differing presentations. I know that with the FMS you also will have the fatigue.

What concerns me is that you say you are "pale" during the episodes that you have. Has your doc run a CBC lately? Your hemoglobin may be down. I'd recommend adding more dark leafy green types of veggies to your diet for sure to help get more iron in your system. It's easy for all of us with FMS or CFS to run low hemaglobins because there are times when meats are not palpable.

I hope that you begin to get more energy. Take care and check in to let us know how you are doing.

Warm wishes, Jeannette